News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
     Picture I promised to post arrived in the mail today and here it is. Hope you like a picture and that you can contribute so that this thread continues its activity further.

Cheers, Morten.

img3631.jpg

10 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hello everyone,
     Picture I promised to post arrived in the mail today and here it is. Hope you like a picture and that you can contribute so that this thread continues its activity further.

Cheers, Morten.

img3631.jpg

Nice Narvik photo?

• 1 month later...
    On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:03, nesredep said:

Hello,

This Narvik Photo arrived Today.I hope You like this!

Cheers,Morten.

IMG_4610narvccx.JPG

Hi,

I forgot to say that the picture had no text on the back!

Cheers, Morten.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the writing is very faint. What I can make out is: Nach der EK Verteilung EKI Oblt (Ing) Hans ???  in Lund i(n) N(orwegen)-

After Iron Cross distribution, IC 1st class Oberleutnant (Engineer) Hans ??? in Lund in Norway.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC
    spelling

On 16/08/2018 at 15:47, GreyC said:

Hi,

the writing is very faint. What I can make out is: Nach der EK Verteilung EKI Oblt (Ing) Hans ???  in Lund i(n) N(orwegen)-

After Iron Cross distribution, IC 1st class Oberleutnant (Engineer) Hans ??? in Lund in Norway.

GreyC

Hi,

Thanks for translatør this teft on My Narvik Photo!

Cheers,Morten.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:07, J Temple-West said:

The dedication that collectors have for their field of interest never ceases to amaze me...

Superb, Morten 

Hi John,

Glad You like my Narvik Photo.Thanks for comment!

Cheers,Morten.

• 2 weeks later...
    On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 21:14, nesredep said:

Hello Martin!

Army mouht Edel Weiss badge was initially linked to Narvik,but later in the war linked also to other devices although those had not served in Narvik Battle.

Best,Morten HP.

Here is a period photo from a Narvik Book period.

jkhjkhkj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A Narvik related Soldbuch is this one to a sailor who served on one of the destroyers and was wounded during the battle. Unfortunately as the Kriegsmarine didn't start issuing SB until June 1941, and by then this sailor was serving on Z-23, it isn't possible to identify what destroyer he was on during the battle. As far as I can find out there are no casualty lists for the ships involved that actually name those wounded. It comes with a colourised image with the cap band having an emblem on it but I haven't been able to identify it to see if it helps narrow down the possibilities.

195313607_Kern003.jpg.02f244a01e86c9f80ddace09ee43f950.jpg101563258_Kern004.jpg.c40e8cbecb083acc744847f4bd8e91bc.jpg1633942117_Kern019.thumb.jpg.e540754742ca987dbe58dc06f57200cb.jpg1374592582_Kern023.thumb.jpg.5115a693dec34bbcca87592f54c890bb.jpg