News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Beautiful Tunic Chris! I really love that Narvik you posted!!

Tim

Thanks,

It is the most complete set I have ever owned. i have all his documents, tunic, awards, dagger, photos, house, granddaughter... hell, as I write, my computer is even on his old desk... Talk about not splitting a group !

I agree a magnificent grouping ;).

Very interesting to pinpoint this shield back as to a very early shield.

Not very clear on these pictures but I assume this shield is made from CupAl?

KR

Pascal

Hi,

I have a denazified one he wore at the end of 1945, beginning 46, it has no backing plate or cloth, so it may be easier to tell. They do have a bit of corrosion so I always thought zink? But that is just a wild guess.

Will try and find the other one today sometime.

best

Chris

Great thread - I've learned much. Funny that the "Small 4" fake is noted for having the 4 smaller than the 0. This is the norm for most standard fonts/type faces... round/rounded characters (letters and numbers) are usually a bit taller than angular characters. It's a trick of the eye - if all characters were exactly the same height, the round/rounded characters would appear to the eye to be a bit smaller.

Hello,

Thank you guys for the kind words. The Narvik shield is one of my favorite pieces and to me is says it all-KM, Luft, and Mountain. Plus the shield looks great when displayed alongside this badge in my collection.

Regards,

Jody

Hello,

Thank you guys for the kind words. The Narvik shield is one of my favorite pieces and to me is says it all-KM, Luft, and Mountain. Plus the shield looks great when displayed alongside this badge in my collection.

Regards,

Jody

Hello!

I love KM display.Narvik is one of my favorite to. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::rolleyes:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

Hello,

Here is a nice zinc shield that I helped a good friend of mine (Tony C.) obtain here in Arizona a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Jody

Hello!

Nice looking Narvik in good shape.Thanks for showing. :rolleyes::jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

Hello!

I wonder why the propeller is so big on left Narvik shields.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

Good question, Nesredep. I am no shield expert, but I believe that the shield on the left is cupal. I had posted this shield on WAF requesting comments, and the few that I received were generally positive regarding authenticity. However, I don't have much more information on the shield.

Best Regards,

Erik