News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medalla "Combatiente Internacionalista" (I)

Stogieman

• 3 months later...
    • 9 months later...

This example arrived along with the other Medals I posted a few days ago and after examination there is one distinct variation to this one.

Not the swapped ribbon, it has a totaly different reverse to it. Instead of Council of State it has the wording FAR.

Regards Eddie

Edited by Taz

Guys,

Strange one isn't it, I wasn't even going to post it until I had a second look at the reverse.

A FAR issue Medalla "Combatiente Internacionalista"? I really have no idea right now. :wacky:

The edges/rim and ose are different as well..... looks similar edging to some of the other column/combattant medals, but not as cleanly finished.... but that could be the scan.

Thats three different ring types just on the examples posted here,

Post #2 & 3 seems to have a flattened ring.

Post #4 the ring does not join at the medal rim.

Post #5 circular ring which joins together at the medal rim.

The medal rim itself is in fact flat, round and even, the scan in this case highlights the edge knocks and makes this worn medal look worse.

Regards Eddie.

Taz, I have gone back through all my images, archives, etc. and cannot find another example of anything with an FAR bac?!!! interesting!!

Rick,

Another mystery to add to the list ;)

Oh well one more won't really make too much difference :D

Regards Eddie