News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

I don't think it would have been agression, more the "Who the **** do you think you are?" type of thing. Lt Col Wilde was of course a trained Parachutist and had even compleated Pathfinder training in Canada, but the RSM WO1 Griffiths was very anti Para.

Here's that badge.

Edited by tynesideirish

• Replies 188
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same time & place - Drum Major, 1st Bn, RRF. The hackle should infact follow the bearskin up and over the crown, finishing over on the upper opposite side, which is how the old 5th Fusiliers wore theirs. Plus his fur cap grenade appears to be missing.

Edited by Graham Stewart

C.O.'s Northumbrian Piper - St.Georges Day 1990. I actually have a plaid brooch as worn here. The back of the grenade had the lugs removed, was then filled with resin and a large medal bar, with pin, inserted into the resin and screwed into position.

Edited by Graham Stewart

March past of the Colours, 1st Bn, RRF - St.Georges Day 1990. I didn't include the Bn Pioneer as Leigh has already covered that one.

All of these post card photo's were originally taken by Brian L.Davis, who is more familiarly known for his book "British Army Uniforms & Insignia of WWII". He also did a lot of stuff on German uniforms etc of WWII.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photo's TI and have to agree regarding the Pioneers. Whats gone wrong there then? No scarlet, no beard, no badge, incorrect apron and what on earth are they doing with those gauntlets???

Pioneer of the 5th Foot c.1812. Appears that the apron wasn't white at all.