News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian Original or Austrian Fantasy conversion ?

Hallo Gents :cheers:

Was it an original period Austrian cross of sometime?? or has it undergone a conversion??

Kevin in Deva :D

Dear Kevin,

I have never seen such a mini before :unsure: .

Might be something like an unofficial commemorative miniature or something for veterans or a club-badge :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Kevin,

I have never seen such a mini before :unsure: .

Might be something like an unofficial commemorative miniature or something for veterans or a club-badge :unsure: ?

Christian

Hallo Chris :cheers:

I asked the seller about the size of the badge he said its 1 inch X 1 inch so its bigger than a mini.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Hallo Chris :cheers:

I asked the seller about the size of the badge he said its 1 inch X 1 inch so its bigger than a mini.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Dear Kevin,

o.k., than it's a badge ;) .

Isn't there something written on the crown - there are letters :unsure: ?

I have the strong feeling, that the item might be from the 1st Republic before 1933 :unsure: .

Sorry, I am not an expert in Austrian stuff :blush: - I only live there.

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

Hallo Gents :beer:

thanks for your input.

There is no writing on the crown, and it differs from most tinnies as it has quality enameling

whereas most "tinnies" were just that tin or aluminum, unless it was for officers??

I thought at first somebody had adapted an enameled cross to this style, also interesting that no maker mark is shown to the rear.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

I have one from a 2002 auction that lists this as a 'war effort' pin, given for those who gave money to help the war effort. It apparently also came in a case, but the auction does not show the case not the reverse of the pin.

Hallo Gordon, :beer:

I agree its similar, however, I think that the one configured to hang like a medal / cross, would not be for wear on the cap, probably from the jacket or coat, as an item of patriotika.

Kevin in Deva :beer: