News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents

Im very new to the whole research thing, but I am still hopefull of obtaining at least a short list of potential candidates for this PLM grouping - I totally understand that without the 'key' award, it is difficult.

As Rick has already kindly pointed out to me, I really will need to find a picture of this being worn, but in order to attempt this, I need to narrow the field slightly... wink.gif

To date, I know that it was awarded to a typical Prussian Captain who progressed through to Maj/Lt Col. The case was made by a jeweller in Cologne (spelt Coeln not K?ln) and that therefore, he may well have been a Rhinelander. If we are to take the EK2 spange at face value (despite its 'unconventional' appearance) he also served and was decorated in WW2.

That's it. sad.gif

I cannot explain why the RAO is not mounted, nor the odd looking EK2 spange attatchment..... but I'm hoping for some clues.

Feel free to PM me if this is something you are able to help me research, but would require 'remuneration' for, given the labour intensive research required.

kind regards

Marshall

Image removed.....

Edited by Biro

Thanks Rick - and understood.... an impossible task given the parameters and grey areas.

That all the components are 100% m/marked and original is enough for me, and (as I suspected all along) this will now be referred to as my PLM 'set' rather than 'grouping'... sad.gif

The spange is a personal connundrum.... do I remove it (it's fitted between the ribbon rather than through it..) or leave it as a remotely possible anomally ..?

'Red flags' do not sit well with your average collection 'centrepiece' ....

Thanks for your help on this occaision - and previous ones...!!

Marshall

• 2 months later...