News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

No problem with it at all as far as I'm concerned. Check out the single "pebbles", one under the left crossbar of the "T" in the word Kleing?rtner & also to the left of the "N" next to it, exactly the same as on the one I posted.

Cheers

Don

• Replies 79
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For myself if the price was fair I would not let the repairs bother me. These items have a long history and have passed through many hands. The rivets were in all probability peened over by someone after the other damage was repaired to tighten a loose eagle and pin plate. Still a nice piece. I have damaged shooting medals where the enamel has been repaired prior to my reciept but to me they are keepers. :)

--dj--Joe

You two guys are very astute in your observations. I probably should keep it since this maker is uncommon. It just chaps my hide a tad because this came from a "reputable dealer" and no mention was ever made of a repair. The job was well done except the pebbles are gone in that spot. Thanks Men. For Joe a Happy Fouth of July and for Don a happy Wednesday! I am happy. Three consecutive days off to come! Robert :jumping:

• 4 years later...

Is there any background on the hollow back brooches? I saw an example for sale but have misplaced the site for the moment.

I note they are painted and not enameled. Late war possibly? Are they an alloy base metal? (Located the site, I can't make out the base metal from the images).

They are interesting. Do they show up in period catalogs?

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

So far I have not been able to locate any period information about these Joe, but having said that, any documentation from the Kleingärtner is very difficult to find. They are supposed to be for Wives & daughters.....

Here are my two, silver & gold.

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I see that you have the "hellgoldfarben" or bright gold version, very nice. These came in two finishes, hellgoldfarben & altgoldfarben which look aged (the version I have)....

On a different note here is an Urkunde presenting the newly created Reichsbund badge to the Vereinsleiter in recognition of his service & contributions.... It's dated Sept 1938, so now we know when the badge was introduced.

The front cover is embossed with an image of the badge, I'll included a close up scan of that.

Cheers

Don

• 1 year later...

Very nice. It's strange, but for some reason the 10 year is harder to find than the other anniversary pieces.....

Thanks for posting it.

Looking back through the thread again I see that I neglected to post the membership card that I have.

Don

Don Altgoldfarben?

I would imagine so. Although I have suspected for a few years that maybe, just maybe they may have come in bronze silver & gold. No real evidence for bronze ones except for the occasional one that doesn't quite look like the altgold.....

Having said that, I've never yet managed to find any period proof that any of these brooches existed, one day hopefully.

Cheers

Don

One can only wonder what criteria had to be met in order to wear one of these. Perhaps they are leaders' badges ?? All The best

No idea, they are supposed to be for wives & daughters, so if they were in bronze silver & gold, then maybe prizes for competitions etc However, if as listed they were only silver & gold, then maybe just a product that could be purchased as a gift from the local branch?

Here's a badge from a local group "Stadtgruppe Neukölln". I suspect pre Sept '38 as that seems to be the date that the Bund badge was introduced.

So that is what one of those really looks like. I have seen one other and it was so badly damaged I could barely make it out. What a gem Don. Same theme diferent organization. By all means feel free to move it somewhere else. Have a nice weekend all! Regards Robert

• 4 years later...
    On 03/08/2006 at 16:02, Scowen said:

25 year.

Again Poellath style plate.

Kleingartner_25yr.jpg

There were also 2 types for 50 years. One with the 50 at the bottom like the shown one and one with a 50 in a type of circle on the top of the pin.

• 1 month later...