News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I know we all love the big fancy officer bars that cost a gadzillion dollars and sparkle in the sun, but I really love a top notch enlisted/NCO bar. No "Thanks for being in my Army til your stale." REO or KO just hard earned medals! This guy was insane! I wonder if he made it - kind of doubt it. This is the type of soldier that makes an army. My hat is off to him who ever he was.

Guest Rick Research

"Top notch" comes from horsemanship. In competitions where a horse jumps over a fence, the "top notch" is the maximum, highest level that can be jumped, usually only by the best horse-- all the others knock the railing off... the top notch.

Couldn't we keep it simple for the gentleman? Since it is colloquial english the definition need not be precise.

Heiko, it's the same as "first class or first rate." These are also colloquial terms that having nothing to with which part of the horse goes over the bar last, a colloquial term used by both friends and enemies to describe moi. blush.gifwink.gifbeer.gif