Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Here is another pic of Erich H?cker with the Silesian Eagle in view.

Regards,

VJK

Thank you! :jumping:

I wasn't sure about H?cker having been awarded the Silesian Eagle -

Hardy

addressed to:

Frau v. D ?

Godesberg (Rhein)

Brunnenallee3

Liebe Mutter,

herzlichen Gruss dein (S.)ohn

Hartwig.

Thanks guys. I was hoping to get a clue as to the identity of the chap. ah well!

Thanks guys. I was hoping to get a clue as to the identity of the chap. ah well!

Here is his name on another portrait - just can't read his last name (yet).

Hartwig von D ...

I've seen his face in the Luftwaffe generals' bios, but can't read his scribble either.

Taken me a while to get back to this, but did NOT find him in the Generals' bios. Must have seen his face elsewehere. Truly appalling scribbles-- about the worst I've ever seen.

Edited by Rick Research

.......got this one last week

Good Gosh! Is that the gold version(s) of the SA?

LOVELY portrait-- early )1939( Spange, ribbon bar still has the "old fashioned" Xs before they one piece stamped tab-splint Xs came in...

even if he WAS the world's oldest Oberleutnant, he was wa snappy dresser and had an impressive array of awards there. :beer:

Thanks Rick. The photo is postcard size and is very clear indeed. Much better in hand than appears on the screen. I am very pleased with it.

I checked a part of my photo collection today and deceided to put some photos on the table for discussion and just for your pleasure...you will see them in some of the ww1 subforums tonight...

Here is a really really babyface looking young soldier of the Reichsmarine from mid 1920s - BUT - he has 3 bravery awards of ww1 , a navy wound badge of ww1 and a long service cross for 15 years :speechless1: !!! ah .... and not to forget he wears a Silesian eagle 1.class pinback but no 2.class on the medal bar !!! Great confusing picture....

That's an amazing assortment of awards for someone who appears to be an "Oberfeldwebel" level of Warrant Officer.... and neither a submariner nor a flyer.

.........next one : former bavarian soldier , now policeman I think , with eagle second and first class !!! Interesting is the combination on his medal bar with some bravery awards AND a war aid cross - not often seen...

LOVELY portrait-- early )1939( Spange, ribbon bar still has the "old fashioned" Xs before they one piece stamped tab-splint Xs came in...

even if he WAS the world's oldest Oberleutnant, he was wa snappy dresser and had an impressive array of awards there. :beer:

You mean 1943? He has the Ostfront ribbon.