News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Silesian Eagles in wear

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I was hoping to get a clue as to the identity of the chap. ah well!

Here is his name on another portrait - just can't read his last name (yet).

Hartwig von D ...

Guest Rick Research

I've seen his face in the Luftwaffe generals' bios, but can't read his scribble either.

Taken me a while to get back to this, but did NOT find him in the Generals' bios. Must have seen his face elsewehere. Truly appalling scribbles-- about the worst I've ever seen.

Edited by Rick Research

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

LOVELY portrait-- early )1939( Spange, ribbon bar still has the "old fashioned" Xs before they one piece stamped tab-splint Xs came in...

even if he WAS the world's oldest Oberleutnant, he was wa snappy dresser and had an impressive array of awards there. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

I checked a part of my photo collection today and deceided to put some photos on the table for discussion and just for your pleasure...you will see them in some of the ww1 subforums tonight...

Here is a really really babyface looking young soldier of the Reichsmarine from mid 1920s - BUT - he has 3 bravery awards of ww1 , a navy wound badge of ww1 and a long service cross for 15 years :speechless1: !!! ah .... and not to forget he wears a Silesian eagle 1.class pinback but no 2.class on the medal bar !!! Great confusing picture....

Guest Rick Research

That's an amazing assortment of awards for someone who appears to be an "Oberfeldwebel" level of Warrant Officer.... and neither a submariner nor a flyer.

LOVELY portrait-- early )1939( Spange, ribbon bar still has the "old fashioned" Xs before they one piece stamped tab-splint Xs came in...

even if he WAS the world's oldest Oberleutnant, he was wa snappy dresser and had an impressive array of awards there. :beer:

You mean 1943? He has the Ostfront ribbon.

• 1 month later...