News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Timor Leste Defence Force

I'm not sure if this is an "officer grade" badge (it is an officer wearing it) or if it is general issue. They don't wear matching uniforms as yet, so I'm not sure how many have been issued with this badge. I think they have greater things to worry about than the defence budget at the moment.

Regards;

Johnsy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is an "officer grade" badge (it is an officer wearing it) or if it is general issue. They don't wear matching uniforms as yet, so I'm not sure how many have been issued with this badge. I think they have greater things to worry about than the defence budget at the moment.

Regards;

Johnsy

Thanks for posting the illustration of the East Timor badge, Johnsy - this is the first information I have seen on badges of that country. The next step is to get one!

I have been trying to get at least one badge from each country of the world, though the prospects are receding by the month. The position, at the moment, leaves me with, perhaps, half-a dozen countries to "conquer". However . . . "if at first you don't succeed . . . etc."

Thanks again,

Brian

Thanks for posting the illustration of the East Timor badge, Johnsy - this is the first information I have seen on badges of that country. The next step is to get one!

I have been trying to get at least one badge from each country of the world, though the prospects are receding by the month. The position, at the moment, leaves me with, perhaps, half-a dozen countries to "conquer". However . . . "if at first you don't succeed . . . etc."

Thanks again,

Brian

Good luck; with the size of their defence force getting hold of one of these will be near impossible. If you really only have half a dozen countries to go then you have made a bloody good effort so far. See below for a rank slide of a 2nd lieutenant. Note the mix of equipment. "Lizard" cams are popular amoung the TLDF, based on a pattern that the Portuguese used, and was used extensively by the Fretlin guerillas.

Regards;

Johnsy