News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another EKII spange document that I just received with the spange. This document is interesting as it has on the back the citation, which says (I hope translated properly):

Stabsarzt (Surgeon Major/staff physician) Dr. Lohmann during the military operation of the Bataillon dated 7.6.1940 in the northern edge of Soissons with exemplary tranquillity during a street fight under enemy fire did his job and could help heavily wounded (comrades) in a difficult situation.

Signed by: Generalleutnant Theodor Freiherr von Wrede, winner of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.

• Replies 157
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooohh... I love that!

My wifes great gerandfather was the Divisional dr for ther 6th LW Field division... he always had his aid posts as close to the line as possible and was chuffed when he got the EK2 and 1 clasp while the Drs in the neighbouring divisions gor KVK2 and 1.

• 1 year later...

A couple of certs to Ernst Schlett of Schwere Artillerie Abteilung 841.

The EKII award is signed by General Robert Martinek of XXXIX Panzerkorps.

Ernst Schlett, born 04/10/1911, is reported as missing around the Brody/Knaize/Kosin areas (a pretty big area) as of 01/06/1944 in the memorial book of Potylicz Cemetery. (Martinek himself was killed later that same month in the surprise Soviet Offensive Operation Bagration)

The only actions I can find on that date is around the Jassy area. Does anybody have any further details on Ernst Schlett or can you point me in the right direction. Would be nice to put some background to him and 2. and 3.Artl.Abt.841

Nice example. While he is listed as MIA as of 1st June 1944 this date is just a general one taken as the last known recorded data about him. He could of gone missing days or weeks later - and I believe that he would of probably been caught up and killed during Operation Bagration (hence him being around Brody).

• 3 years later...

EK II Citation signed by Rommel,

I have been a member for a few years but only started posting a couple of weeks a go. I'm still getting used to participating in this great forum.

EK II Citation to: Obergefreiter Walter Hahn, Stabsbattr. II./A.R. 115

Dated: Libyen 25 February 1942, signed by then Generaloberst Rommelimg142.thumb.jpg.ea13de296c931e14a880358a181d47ee.jpg

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...