News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This'un. I find mortarboards incredibly sexy

Or maybe this'un with the shaving brush :cheeky: I guess knowing what a shaving brush is qualifies me for Old Fartdom :rolleyes:

Photos courtesy of Jan Kube's "Militaria"

Edited by Tom Y

Hello readers:

pre 1914 Tschako for Jg.Btl. 10 (Hannoversches) even without Paradebush.

Tschako had bandeau with:

"Peninsula-Waterloo-Venta del Pozo"

BTW: this unit also wore the campaign cufftitle "Gibraltar". It .served with the German Alpenkorps . A number of its officers became General Officers and were awarded high decorations in WW II.

Am looking for this Tschako it seems foreve, to go with the uniform tunic I am fortunate to own.

Bernhard H. Holst

Well, Chris, I'd have to say I have two favorites. They're a bit pompous to say the least, but I don't think you can get much prettier than either a Prussian Garde du Corps helmet, or a Saxon Garde Reiter helmet! :rock on:

gardeducorps2qk3.jpg

saxongardereiterhelmet2bz2.jpg

Maybe not the most valuable, but my first choice would be a Bergm?tze from one of the mountain units, the Ski battalions, the W?rttemberg Mountain Rgt., etc. Like many, I am really attracted to these elite units that fought under such difficult conditions. Second choice (I know, you only asked for a first choice) would be a khaki Tropenhelm, either from the III.See Batl. or the Asienkorps. Just a simple, but beautiful piece of headgear in my opinion. All well beyond my means now, but can't a guy can dream?

Chip

Edited by Chip

Chris,

Your exclamations make it sound like you were unloading while you were loading these pictures! :rolleyes:

The amount of joy I am having looking at this would be illegal in any public places here in Europe and would probably get you arrested in certain states in the USA (even if in private). :jumping:

The amount of joy I am having looking at this would be illegal in any public places here in Europe and would probably get you arrested in certain states in the USA (even if in private). :jumping:

Even in Amsterdam? :cheeky: