News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RIBBON BAR ARTICLE NEEDS SWORDS

Guest Rick Research

Anyone who can scan closeups (I can crop if need be) straight on scans at 96dpi and 500 percent of individual Imperial German and Central Powers WW1/ Axis allies WW2 plain old CROSSED SWORDS devices, would be most appreciated.

Swords-are-swords-are-swords, of course, but what I'd like to do is be able to show many of the different awards' ribbons with those swords, to help as a recognition aid for the awards themselves. But I do not want plain ribbons without devices, since that would take this project off into an impossible to complete direction.

You'll see what swords/ribbons are already there on pages 9 and 10 of the Ribbon Bar Devices Gallery.

I do NOT need Hindenburg Crosses, WW2 KVKs and so on. Want to add imperial decorations (even a lowly Bavarian MMC3X has not yet been "featured") and the ribbons of Germany's allies which used simple crossed swords devices. Scans must be from your own collection, for proper credit, and NOT "taken off the internet."

Please post them here if you can scan to that size and resolution, which was chosen arbitrarily 5 years ago simply so that all devices shown would be in the same real-size proportion to each other. Swords and swords ONLY please. I have absolutely no doubt I will be making further specific appeals for help. :beer:

"Doubles" are OK. I could also use two-of-the-same-ribbon/different-classes side by sides as well. Like this BMVK1X from WW1 and BMVK2X from Southwest Africa:

in case of doubles, bavarian MVK2X say and BMV3XmKr, it'd be OK if one has a crown.

Geez, already I'm wideneing the scope of the Specific Appeal. Simplify! Simplify! :banger:

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rick Research

Tom: ribbon bar one is too small. God help me if I get into FULL sized medal ribbon devices!

Marcin & Christophe-- :cheers: Perfect sized and you have complemented each other's Schwarzburg's very nicely.

Those are the size and type I wanted.

(Good thing with the Imtiaz too... I've got severela and haven't made scans of my OWN :speechless: "Bar & Sabers" on that, so yours will do nicely!)

Tom: ribbon bar one is too small. God help me if I get into FULL sized medal ribbon devices!

Marcin & Christophe-- :cheers: Perfect sized and you have complemented each other's Schwarzburg's very nicely.

Those are the size and type I wanted.

(Good thing with the Imtiaz too... I've got severela and haven't made scans of my OWN :speechless: "Bar & Sabers" on that, so yours will do nicely!)

Take a look at it now. 600dpiX50% I guess HP uses a different scale than Epsom.

Guest Rick Research

Better but still small-ish. What the heck IS that? It looks like the Prussian luifesaving medal with silver swords-- is it a saxon Friedrich August with the sky blue gone white?

Better but still small-ish. What the heck IS that? It looks like the Prussian luifesaving medal with silver swords-- is it a saxon Friedrich August with the sky blue gone white?

Told you it was an oddball Rettung.jpg

Edited by Tom Y

Guest Rick Research

Thanks Christophe-- that's a PERFECT one for the way an officer got two diffrenet grades of Orders whiule he was the same rank for both!

Wild Card-- Oh THAT one is going to be front and back in the Old Style section. Those scans are saved and ready when it gets to the actual Epic Text part.

CAN you zoom in on the devices for closeups? If 500% comes out too big--as it does on some of the ones I've tried-- then smaller than that is OK if you note what the size is and keep them all the same. The BACKS in closeup for how those are attached by nuts and bolts would also be good. :cheers: