News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1957 RK - Bogus?

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Here's some of his comments:

Quality: superior quality 1957 KNIGHTS CROSS, this made of a 3x Piece Construction as all originals must be, extremely high precision German craftsmanship like their WW2 original counterparts, with 2x Silver Frames and Black seperated Core.

THE OAKLEAVES: ARE MADE FROM PURE SILVER AND MARKED 800. FOR THE VERY HIGH SILVER CONTEND.

THE RIBBON: OLD WW2 STOCK NO GLOW UNDER UV LIGHT

THE PRESENTATION CASE: NO GLOW UNDER UV LIGHT

THE KNIGHT CROSS: ORIGINAL MADE BY Fa.St.u.L OF GERMANY. marked 41 for the maker, and stamped 800. for the Silver contend of the frames.

VERY RARE: THESES EARLY 1957 KNIGHTS CROSSES ARE HIGHLY PRICED BY COLLECTOR'S.

If you ever wanted to own a genuine 100% Original Knights Cross with Oakleaves,than this is your rare opportunity.

Guest Darrell

First off:

- anyone ever heard of "41" as a maker in Postwar Germany? wacko.gif

- anyone ever seen wierd looking Oaks like that?

- is it just me ... or does it appear there is black paint on the silver beading?

I'm not a 57 RK expert, but I see many Red Flags here?

What does it look like for the rest of you guys ??

Completely bogus. These "41" marked Oaks (and Oaks/Swords) have been circulating for a while now. The maker even does them in GOLD laugh.gif

You can find them on German E-Bay with monotonous regularity. Actually they are quite nicely made but the "41" mark and the excessively long loop are dead give-aways.

Looks as if the obverse frame of the RK is marked just under the eye also ??

Guest Darrell

Completely bogus. These "41" marked Oaks (and Oaks/Swords) have been circulating for a while now. The maker even does them in GOLD laugh.gif

You can find them on German E-Bay with monotonous regularity. Actually they are quite nicely made but the "41" mark and the excessively long loop are dead give-aways.

Looks as if the obverse frame of the RK is marked just under the eye also ??

I think that the marking under the eye on the obverse is the "41" ...

They make them in gold too?? wow ... wonder what maker they dreamt up for those ones? cheeky.gif

Guest Darrell

There is a "41" in the centre of the suspension loop too, though it is a bit blurred on the photo.

I see it now too ... they went to a lot of trouble didnt they ?