News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1: Must be pinned through his second buttonhole!

Weird thing is, all those awards are legit-- it's a nice group...

if it had been SPACED a little better!

Guest Rick Research

I think #7 is a lowly WW2 Kriegsverdienstmedaille, which he must have gotten before being called back into the Army. Notice he is still wearing his Bavarian long service medal (XII?) which by regulations he should have "updated" to the Wehrmacht version 12 & 4...

which wouyld have made the silly man's bar even WIDER! :speechless1:

I think it was just a matter of wanting to wear them ALL!! ?nd SHOW them all, thus no overlapping of the medals,

all of them should be mounted almost individual!!

Just something he liked, perhaps to fancy / impress the ladies!

Hi,

This just goes to prove the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. If that monstrosity had shown up on ebay, I would never have believed it to be a period piece. It's really wonderful the things being brought to light on this forum by many eagle eyed members. Surely the fellow must have been poked fun at by his fellow HV beamten :lol: .

Regards,

Sam K.

Looks like a classic-"this was put together for my wedding" bar-given the flowered arm on the mans' left and the flower drooping from the bar. I think you are right KVM-really, really interesting bar and picture.