News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals of China

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

My little brother is going to China in August for a lengthy stay and has offered to look for medals while there. I am thinking of sending some money with him for this purpose. Now if you knew my little brother you would know that sending money with him to a country half way around the world in itself may not be the soundest of ideas. :lol:

After reading many posts dealing with this topic and not knowing much (much, meaning nothing) about this topic I am wondering if the idea is only a waste oif time on his part and cash on mine. There seems to be a lot of fakes on the market and I've read this is for the "tourist trade". From this I take it that the fake medals are available in China and sold there to tourists. Is this the case? My brother is not a tourist in the normal sense as he is going there to teach.

Is it worth while to have him keep an eye open for medals while there? He will be living in one of the smaller cities (I have forgotten which one) so is there a better chance of finding "real" military medals? I thought this might be a good chance to start a whole new thread to my collection.

Any thoughs are most welcomed.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe