News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MP armbands, one is pretty rare.

duarte1223

Here's a scan of 2 armbands I stumbled on in a lot of militaria I got on ebay.

The bottom is a typical WW2 black and white MP armband, but the bottom is a rare WAC MP armband. These are pretty hard to find today, if you ever find one, keep hold of it!

But, in World War 2, green and gold was used by the WACs. I just wish I could find the photo that proved this... It was a photo that sold on ebay WAY above my price range for a single photo, don't know why it went so high for a press photo...

http://www.gunboards.com/militaria/topic.a...erms=MP,armband

There's the topic, but the photos have fallen into ebay obscurity...

Adam

• 9 years later...

In about 1956, U.S. Army Military Police armbands were redesigned & enlarged (they're now called brassards) so as to include the parent unit's shoulder sleeve insignia ("shoulder patch").  The brassard includes a loop on its top to fit over the shirt's or jacket's left shoulder loop, to hold it in place.  If the garment is without shoulder loops, the brassard is held in place by use of a safety pin.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I came back from the R.V.N. the first time and was stopped by two "Monkey Patrol" types.I was a O-2 and they were E-4 and had not been across the pond yet! I was questioned why I had my khaki pants bloused in my jungle boots, since I was not airborne. I replied that my low quarters had been destroyed and had not been able to obtain new ones. They wanted to make a federal case out of  this infration inside of the airport in San Francisco and I requested to  speak their O.I.C and that ended this story and my respect for these type of military S.O.B.s. Regards, Oiva