News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And I know where this one is...

mmmhh.... let me guess! Here it is! I still like it very much!!!!

Research of Mr. Rick Lundstr?m

*09.01.1883 Kurt Oertmann was born in Wurzen, Saxony.

ca. 1903 Joined the army. He served his entire career with the Saxon Infantry regiment no. 102

18.08.1903 Leutnant

ca. 1910 Received Bavarian Military Merit Order, Fourth Class, Peacetime ribbon, while on

detached service as Cadet Instructor with the Royal Saxon Corps of Cadets

09.08.1912 Oberleutnant

ca. 1914 Serving as Adjutant I Korps, Infantry Regiment no. 102

31.10.1914 Albert Order, Knight?s Cross, 2nd Class with Swords

28.11.1914 Hauptmann

05.02.1916 Bavarian Military Merit Order, 4th Class with Swords

20.05.1916 Albert Order, Knight?s Cross, 1st Class with Swords

24.08.1917 Albert Order, Crown to The Knight?s Cross, 1st with Swords

07.05.1918 Military Order of Saint Henry, Knight?s Cross

St. Henry Citation: Oertmann has distinguished himself again at the Battle of Armentieres, where the IR 102 was attached to the 32nd Infantry Division (09.04.1918). Without caring for his own safety, he led his battalion several times in assaults on the enemy lines. His leadership and courage had great influence on the spirit of his men.

Serving as Hauptmann/Commanding II Korps, Infantry Regiment no. 102

ca. 1920 Demobilized from the Imperial Army

Listed in 1939 as Commander, Wehrmeldeamt Bitterfeld, Saxony, with the rank of Major z.D., seniority date of 1 June, 1932.

Ciao,

Claudio

post-199-1183035874_thumb.jpg

@ Scott: Yes, the St. Heinrich Order is loose, but it's in very good conditions without any enamel damage, very rare for such an order with delicates enameled parts, especially like the crowns and the medallion (Saxon Crest).

@ Bernd: What's your source of information? Do you have any other details to share? Thanks in advance for your most appreciated assistance!

Herewith I am posting another medal bar, a late WWII Godet medal bar (see unuusual fabric - light blue instead of grey - on the reverse). Our Rick L. researched the likely wearer of this bar and came up with a name.

Description of the medals:

? Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914 (OEK 1909)

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Kriegverdienstkreuz 2. Kl. ohne Schwerter (OEK 3836)

? Sachsen-K?nigreich, Ritterkreuz St. Heinrich-Orden (OEK 2088)

? Sachsen-K?nigreich, Zivildienstorden RK 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (OEK 2155)

? Sachsen-K?nigreich, Albrechtsorden 2. Kl. mit Schwertern (OEK 2212)

? S?chsiche Herzogt?mer ab 1826, RK 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (OEK 2478)

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer (OEK 3803)

? ?sterreich 1. Republik, 1. WK Erinnerungsmedaille

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen, 2. Stufe (OEK 3509)

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, 1939 (OEK 3520)

? Ungarn, 1. WK Erinnerungsmedaille

Research of Mr. Richard Lundstr?m:

Adalbert Flaccus born 24 December 1880 in Alterwald, Rheinprovinz. Also in Saxon J?ger Bataillon 12 (last KNOWN

rank Lt dR 23.1.09 W), civil occupation Diplom Ingenieur (that Westwall.....).

SA3bX 19.10.15 as Lt dR in JB 12

SEHO-R2X 20.5.16 as Oberlt dR in JB 12.

SV3bX 24.12.16 (a nice birthday present!) as Oberlt dR in JB12

StHO 29.4.17 as Oberlt dR and a company commander in JB 12 on the Macedonian front

His St. Henry was earned amidst Turkish and Bulgarian troops, so I am surprised there is no Bulgarian WW1

Commemorative Medal. It is possible that this group was NOT his, but I'm at least 80% sure it was.

Enjoy the pictures...

Ciao,

Claudio

1296356189_flaccusOrdensspange.jpg.84256b8303a9cd6d62b00696ac0d77b7.jpg

Edited by Claudio

Claudio,

Flaccus was promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve on 6.8.15. There is no promotion gazetted to Hauptmann d.R. by December 1918 but he presumably left as a char. Hauptmann d.R. a.D.

Regards

Glenn

Agreed! Wonderful bars. Earlier I meant that it hurt not to have them in person to examine. No different with these last two submissions. Nice ones. Any other beauties WNickel, (perhaps from other states?)

Guest Rick Research

Werner-- you're right about the StH-R/SMK bar at the moment. I have 109 Saint Henry Knights :speechless1: noted who got the SMK, but have not checked all of those for who had the full "Saxon trio." The casualties, Reichsheer-Wehrmacht officers, and Hauptleute up can be deducted (-58 still leaves 51 Lieutenants) but the key there may be that it is a ZINKY SMK... but I have yet to determine when they went over from the nice bronze ones to the zink model. :banger:

Too bad about that SV3aX. Maybe we can find you the right one. :catjava::cheeky:

• 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

Claudio: Glenn found the Dienstaltersliste B of 1 May 1940:

Now that I have this wartime x.D. Liste, I will type it out and try to figure out who ALL the "invisible" fossilzied in ranks guys were. I have my own Wehrmacht 18 bar whose original owner may be among them... :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Research Gnomes Never Forget. :rolleyes:

Now that the Meiningen Rolls have been transcribed and published I actually AM going to be able to ID Werner's bar at some point when the Research Gnome Collective gets Saxony better organized.

Where IS Werner, BTW? Alien abductee? :speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

:speechless: Claudio-- this started so far back... I forgot that there are more details from the late Erhard Roth's work on Saxon officerss from Hauptleute up that can be added--

Oertmann did indeed join in 1903--

F?hnrich 23.10.03

Leutnant on 04.08.04 vorpatentiert to 18.08.03

aD 31.03.20

His pre-war BMV4 was gazetted 22.10.10-- so there's an average pre-war time delay between actual "foreign" bestowal and when approval was printed.

Wow! :jumping: You have quite a good memory... like an elephant... (we say in Italian)... you quite have all the interesting bars memorized in your visual brain! Me too, when I like a bar I saw on some catalogue years ago, I quite never forget it! The same memory I have for good looking girls (only the good looking, I am afraid)... :cheeky:

Thanks for updating my medal bar with very interesting information that I will save in my "private" archives... :beer:

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

I'm typing out the 1 May 1940 zD officers trying to figure out who they all were and WHY they were zD and not (E) so this has joggled my old memory. So far, Oertmann is the only IDENTIFIABLE Wehrmacht zD officer whose medal bar I've ever actually held in my paws.

Research Gnomes Never Forget. :rolleyes:

Now that the Meiningen Rolls have been transcribed and published I actually AM going to be able to ID Werner's bar at some point when the Research Gnome Collective gets Saxony better organized.

Where IS Werner, BTW? Alien abductee? :speechless1:

Hi Rick,

do you mean Otto von K?nig.... :rolleyes: