News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Werner! You're ... alive!!!! Where have you BEEN!!!! ???? :shame:

Yes, Otto is certainly a zinky-SMK match. So have you gone through all the STH-R/SMKs and there isn't anybody else?

:cheers:

While you were :unsure: off-planet :rolleyes: I have done Strelitz 1914-33. (Yes, there ARE Non Insane Complete Rolls.) :catjava:

Next I will be compiling Brunswick awards combinations from the 1913 Court and State Handbook. YOUR medal bar with their Lifesaving Medal on it is already ID'd... but I have a ribbon bar with one that still has to have its anonymity abolished.

@ Rick and Glenn: what about Adalbert Flaccus? No traces of him in the Dienstalterliste? ;):rolleyes:

Ciao,

Claudio

Claudio: Glenn found the Dienstaltersliste B of 1 May 1940:

Now that I have this wartime x.D. Liste, I will type it out and try to figure out who ALL the "invisible" fossilzied in ranks guys were. I have my own Wehrmacht 18 bar whose original owner may be among them... :catjava:

• 10 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...

Hi Claudio,

Very nice mini chain. Congrats. I have found one officer which have received all the WW1 awards but I have nothing about him from WW2

OLt d. R. Adalbert Flaccus from  Jäger Bat. Nr. 12

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

I still think that Flaccus could have got the Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, because he was a civil engineer and could have earned it as engineer partecipating the building up of the Schutzwall in the West. This medal was bestoved on those who participated (civilian/org. Todt/military) in fortifying the defences before the attack to France during the "drôle de guerre / Sitzkrieg" Winter time 1939-1940 and again in September 1944 when the allies approached the German border (see above the link). Furthermore the KVK2 without swords could have well given to Flaccus in late 1944 or 1945 as a civilian. Therefore he didn't have any LS Wehrmacht or Prussian army awards, because he was fighting in WW1 as reserve officers and after the end of WW1 was demobilized and went back to civilian life until the end of WW2 when very likely his services as a civil engineer were still demanded.

Who knows? Such minor awards like KVK2 and Schutzwall-EZ weren't listed or gazzeted...

My 2 cents on it... ;)

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

You are right, my first tought was on Flaccus, but Haufe received the KVK2, ÖstKDM and UngKDM and two more awards. It is not easy without papers. If his files was in Washington, maybe someone can do the research. Who know, one day.

Congrats for your job to reunite such nice group.

Christophe