News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 months later...
    • Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Pete...

Nice to see this thread back in vogue....my own collecting has hit the proverbial 'brick-wall'....absolutely nothing around anywhere...at least, not on the web-sites I'm visiting...

Good to see your offerings here and on the other threads...

Regards,

Ian

Thanks Colin, that last one was a trade for an item that I paid too much for, but I was glad to see the back of it.

Especially as a part chop for an SA tinnie I didn't have.

Regards,

Pete

...I have one as well....they do 'pop' up quite often....which was why I had to chuckle when I saw a UK dealer flogging one as 'Very rare' and selling for $120.00 !!!.....the market value of tinnies seems to have made a sharp increase just within the last couple of years....

...I do find these so much more appealing than the heavily faked 'combat awards' and medals that were once the main 'thing' to collect...

• 1 month later...

...first off, a big 'WELL DONE' to Pete for keeping alive a dozen or so 'tinnie' threads...his work alone has ensured that the threads all have some form of activity... :cheers:

...as for my small effort, here's a tinnie that appears to straddle ('oo-er missus!' :blush: )...two tinnie categories, 1/ Flugtag and 2/ SA...

...but seeing as how I favour the 'SA', here is where it belongs! :P

...a fine looking tinnie with the use of cap-eagle device, SA roundel (yay!) and glider (?)....

"N.S.Flugtag SA Bamberg 1933"

...(glad you like!)...

...more 'paper'...

...always keen to find a pre-1933 SA tinnie...this one looks like it has been kept 'mint' in a drawer someplace...

"Standarte 157 Aufmarsch und Sportfest, Brieg 10.7.1932"

Hello Claymore,

Surprised you were aware of the kempten tinnie it doesn't crop up in my Tieste - Katalog, its a sort after piece, even local collectors havn't got any, but if I come across another, I'll do a trade with you.

Regards

...thanks for the offer!

...your 'Kempten' is on page 496 of Tieste's 5th edition version of Book 1....(Kempten 34-01)...

...here's a rather colourful example of a (my first!) wooden 'tinnie'...

"SA Vereidigung 1934, Standarte 416"

Ian, this tinnie has a very strong design! The 3 dimensional sword is placed far off out the shield. It enforces the effect of power .

You only find this in nazi art.

An interesting tinnie.

Benten

Edited by benten

Hello Claymore,

Lucky you, I'm working from the 1st edition catologue 1989 - 170 pages, very poor photo - copied pictures some are just a black blob, it leaves a lot to be desired, but then I suppose Tieste had to start somewhere and 70 euro for a lastest edition is still a large wedge.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

...once upon a time, I declared my intention to track down the 14x Horst Wessel tinnies shown in the 5th editon Tieste books....after another more detailed 'surf' through the pages of those books, I found out that there was actually 16x Horst Wessel tinnies listed (bugger!)...

...oh well, then....10x more to go !

...latest additon is the one located in bottom right of the photo...

"Taufe des Horst Wessel Turmes, Eppstein i.T. 23.7.1933"

('Eppstein im Taunus')

...a little something for the Party faithful...("Die Fahne Hoch!")...

...a great badge with wonderful detail on the flag...

...note date on tinnie, a mere 21 days before "Operation Hummingbird", or to give it the more common name of 'Night of the Long Knives'...

"SA Treffen Sturmbann II/131, L?denscheid 9.Juni 1934"

• 9 months later...

Wow, first new SA tinnie in nearly 10 months

Well done Alec, nice badge.

Regards,

Pete

By the way, I am afraid I now have serious doubts about the cardboard? tinnie posted by Claymore in post 314.

Edited by wood