News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Amusing Mongolian documents

Bob

"Certificate to get serviced having paid charge to Public shower's service and hairdressers without queue"

...wonder what this means!?!?! :cheeky:

120138062776 on ebay

• 4 months later...

"Certificate to get serviced having paid charge to Public shower's service and hairdressers without queue"

...wonder what this means!?!?! :cheeky:

120138062776 on ebay

Ok, I'm not touching paid to get serviced :rolleyes:

, but 'without queue' is interesting enough. Does it mean he/she doesn't have to line up or doesn't have a pigtail? Or maybe that the hairdressers don't have queues? Hmmm... "So unlike the home life of our own dear queen."

Peter

Edited by peter monahan

• 1 month later...

Received an interesting deck of (award?) documents - will be posting some.

First, booklet with cover I don?t recall having seen before and, in next post, the inside which offers me no clues... left with a big question mark

Next up a cardboard (???) booklet not yet seen before (I think)... again no clues on the inside... however, included folded on the inside was this piece of paper ? the mystery only gets bigger!

This is the document which has sparked my main interest? brown leather(ette) on the outside (therefore must be important?) with a faded picture of star on top, a bow or propeller underneath it and then a depiction of a solder (?) and uighur script around it? this doesn?t feel like your typical a dime a dozen award booklet? underneath it (unrelated I presume) a small black booklet for?..?

?we won? and ?25 years of the MPR? documents? take note of the low number of the first document! I suspect both awarded to same person. At this point still personally signed (with some added text). Note on the ?we won? the previous lowest nr was 2.826 dated July ?46? we?re getting closer to the first awarding date (presumably then June ?46 such as 29th on this booklet)

Hey Bob,

I'll have a better look at the other docs. later, but the bottom one is 100% sure for khalkin Gol.

The 29 on the cover and inside are for '39.. Nice one! Even nicer the award number is very very low 316 by the looks of it!!!!

Congrats!!

JC

Edited by fjcp

And then a small group to 1 person with the usual awards AND a booklet for Khalkhin Gol award issued in the 1959

Have seen that last document before, but don't recall seeing it as part of a group yet

And finally, another ?25 years of the MPR? ? low number, lot?s of scribbles on the inside AND the outside. Oddly enough, for such a low number, 1948 as date ? odd as numbers > 14.000 have a date in 1946

Hey Bob,

I'll have a better look at the other docs. later, but the bottom one is 100% sure for khalkin Gol.

The 29 on the cover and inside are for '39.. Nice one! Even nicer the award number is very very low 316 by the looks of it!!!!

Congrats!!

JC

thanks jc :cheers: - time for me to run over to the KG thread :cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...

This is the document which has sparked my main interest? brown leather(ette) on the outside (therefore must be important?) with a faded picture of star on top, a bow or propeller underneath it and then a depiction of a solder (?) and uighur script around it? this doesn't feel like your typical a dime a dozen award booklet? underneath it (unrelated I presume) a small black booklet for?..?

Bob,

I confirm that the black-covered document is for the Halkin Gol badge; I have a similar one.

Marc

Edited by Lapa

Hi Lapa - thanks

I also figured that out when I looked at my other KG doc's. I was confused because this new one has the actual pictures clear on the booklet outside while my other ones are completely faded. I guess I should be happy to get one in a better state:)

The brown leather one is still a mystery...