News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Australian Federal Police

• 7 months later...

Interesting, I worked with Feds (& police officers who came from other Australian police forces but served overseas under the Federal Police "umbrella") a few years ago.

Characters all.

I have met a few when I was based in Canberra, and most recently at some mess dinners at HMAS Kuttabul Wardroom. Definately like to 'par-tay'. I will take my point and shoot camera next time and get some shots of their miniature medals.

(If Dave Abols is still based over here I will ask him for a photo of his DCM and other minis.) :jumping:

Regards,

Johnsy

• 11 months later...

Interesting, I worked with Feds (& police officers who came from other Australian police forces but served overseas under the Federal Police "umbrella") a few years ago.

Characters all.

Character - especially me Leigh! But your driving ability (through a certain pot hole) in a certain SE asian country was a classic! Still smile about it. How are you big fella? Still drinking copious amounts of warm beer!

Edited by Nemesis1989

Character - especially me Leigh! But your driving ability (through a certain pot hole) in a certain SE asian country was a classic! Still smile about it. How are you big fella? Still drinking copious amounts of warm beer!

Oh come on now - you were'nt a real Plastic - you were a kind of Plastic-Plastic, sheltering under that AFP umbrella.

It was'nt my fault - somebody took the bridge away.

Driving has'nt improved though :

(Actually this one was Victor, not me, even I draw the line at falling off mountains).

Edited by leigh kitchen

Oh come on now - you were'nt a real Plastic - you were a kind of Plastic-Plastic, sheltering under that AFP umbrella.

(Actually this one was Victor, not me, even I draw the line at falling off mountains).

And what better place to shelter than in East Timor eh!

What can I say about that photo....it was Victor after all!

Give me an hour or so and I'll reply to your other message mate.

• 9 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=242843:date=Feb 22 2008, 12:00 :name=leigh kitchen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leigh kitchen @ Feb 22 2008, 12:00 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=242843"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Interesting, I worked with Feds (& police officers who came from other Australian police forces but served overseas under the Federal Police "umbrella") a few years ago.

Characters all.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Here it is - a Discovery discovers a hole in a bridge - I've done worse:

We might title that photo..........."The Abyss" or is that "The Abysmal"

"Abysmal Definition | Definition of Abysmal at Dictionary.com

1. of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great. 2. extremely or hopelessly bad or severe:"

cheers.gif

Truth be known I think we can all give examples of abysmal things in our past that are worth discussing over a COLD beer Leigh!rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Nemesis1989 @ Jan 31 2009, 03:44 ) Character - especially me Leigh! But your driving ability (through a certain pot hole) in a certain SE asian country was a classic! Still smile about it. How are you big fella? Still drinking copious amounts of warm beer!

Mate, re that particular photo of Victor's prang...............Isn't it always the case that whenever a prang is involved they all come out of the woodwork, in this case it was literally! OK I'll get back to my life now.

Mate, re that particular photo of Victor's prang...............Isn't it always the case that whenever a prang is involved they all come out of the woodwork, in this case it was literally! OK I'll get back to my life now.

Everyone except PKF or UN recovery, that is.

I've just rediscovered the ET photos (as you may have guessed), I'll get them to you in printed or email form