News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown medal, Chinese?

Alex K

And, therefore, it isn't "communist"?

Can someone with The Power move it, please?

We have actually gotten some lovely post-Imperial and pre-Revolutionary Chinese items over on the OMSAS site,and more to come. Now we just need some information!

And, therefore, it isn't "communist"?

Can someone with The Power move it, please?

We have actually gotten some lovely post-Imperial and pre-Revolutionary Chinese items over on the OMSAS site,and more to come. Now we just need some information!

What is meant by more information?

Dick LaTondre

Detailed textual information and serious research, not just lovely images. Actually, what we need is a high quality (English-language or bllingual) book in four volumes on Chinese awards (1- Imperial, 2- early republic and warlords, 3- PRC, and 4- Taiwan).

Detailed textual information and serious research, not just lovely images. Actually, what we need is a high quality (English-language or bllingual) book in four volumes on Chinese awards (1- Imperial, 2- early republic and warlords, 3- PRC, and 4- Taiwan).

I completed a project on the above about three years ago. The work has been compiled by several contributing authors/collectors, that are experts in their fields. It has been photographed and mensurated in both digital as well as traditional photographic processes. At a cost of roughly US100.00 per copy to publish a run of 500 to 1,000 this would need a minimum investment of $50,000 to $100.000. Any suggestions you may offer will be greatly appreciated.

Dick LaTondre

I completed a project on the above about three years ago. The work has been compiled by several contributing authors/collectors, that are experts in their fields. It has been photographed and mensurated in both digital as well as traditional photographic processes. At a cost of roughly US100.00 per copy to publish a run of 500 to 1,000 this would need a minimum investment of $50,000 to $100.000. Any suggestions you may offer will be greatly appreciated.

Dick LaTondre

I know a publisher who will do as few as 10-20 copies, within a few weeks, at no cost to you, and sell for as little as $15.

And has this been discussed with the OMSA?

I know a publisher who will do as few as 10-20 copies, within a few weeks, at no cost to you, and sell for as little as $15.

And has this been discussed with the OMSA?

As a published author, I can tell you factually, that you cannot publish a book of colored images of medals on glossy stock for $15.00 and a run of only 10 copies. I discussed this with OMSA.

As a published author, I can tell you factually, that you cannot publish a book of colored images of medals on glossy stock for $15.00 and a run of only 10 copies. I discussed this with OMSA.

Well, it does happen. I know this for a fact and have several projects going with the publisher.

Maybe the OMSA doesn't know. Given the opportunity, I shall surely explore this with them.

I have photographs of many of the current ROC awards if they would be helpful. (These are the medals currently available in the uniform shops of Shi Men Ding at relatively low cost.) I also have a few of some of the older awards. Just let me know if they are of interest. I have no financial interest in flogging them; just want to help if I can.

I have photographs of many of the current ROC awards if they would be helpful. (These are the medals currently available in the uniform shops of Shi Men Ding at relatively low cost.) I also have a few of some of the older awards. Just let me know if they are of interest. I have no financial interest in flogging them; just want to help if I can.

What a great offer. Maybe we can get together in the near future. I am winding up my current project "The Golden Kite" There is an old, old, first draft of the translation at:

www.thegoldenkite.com

This is a true story based on this Japanese hero that road on hordeback from Berlin to Vladivostok checking out the Trans-Siberian railroad prior to Japan declaring war on Russia.

Best Regards,

Dick

I've just re-opened the Golden Kite page, and I don't see the picture of the breast star. What happened? I was particularly interested since I actually had a chance to buy one in Tokyo about 10 years ago (at Mori Shokai's place). It was absolutely magnificent, huge and colorful and far too expesnsive for me, but I'll never forget it. I'd love to see your picture of it again.

I've just re-opened the Golden Kite page, and I don't see the picture of the breast star. What happened? I was particularly interested since I actually had a chance to buy one in Tokyo about 10 years ago (at Mori Shokai's place). It was absolutely magnificent, huge and colorful and far too expesnsive for me, but I'll never forget it. I'd love to see your picture of it again.

Once again this is a very early draft copy of the book. The book has since been completed and sent to the Library of Congress for the copyright procedures. You are right, the Golden Kite Breast star is a gorgeous meda and is featured in the frontpiece of the book. I will send you a picture of it.

Best Regards,

Dick