News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Comrade Lastovka: Keeper of ... Secrets

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

I now know he was born 15 November 1922 in Krim-Gorei, Kursavsky Raion, Stavropol Krai, was of "white collar" class background, got to the 10th Class at Baku High School before being mobilized 5 September 1942, and was 1945 CPSU member number 7,480,777.

Junior Lieutenant 2 March 1944

Lietenant 5 November 1944

Senior Lieutenant of administrative service 24 November 1945

Served on the Transcaucasian Front September 1942 to June 1943

Northern Caucasian Front April (yes, discrepancy) 1943 to December 1944

and

4th Ukrainian Front December 1944 to Feburary 1945

He attended an accelerated course for cipher staff in 1943

Service outside Soviet frontiers in Poland and Czechoslovakia 1944-45.

Wife Lyubov Fedotovna Sukhamova born 1921.

September 1942 Cadet courses for "8th Department," Transcaucasian Front

October 1942 Cadet in "8th Department" Northern Group of Transcaucasian Front

June 1943 Assistant Commander of "6th Department" (secret cipher codes) 276th "Temruksky" Rifles Division, 9th Army, Northern Caucasus Front

December 1944 "In Reserve" with "8th Department" Staff, 4th Ukrainian Front

February 1945 Assistant Commander "6th Dept." Staff of 127th Light Mountain Rifles Corps, 38th Army

March 1945 Asst. Cmdr. "6th Dept." Staff of 3rd Mountain Rifles "Carpathian" Corps, 1st Guards Army, Prik. Mil. Dist.

April 1947 Asst. Cmdr. "6th Dept." staff of 128th Guards Mountain Rifles Division, 3rd Mountain Rifles Corps, in city of Uzhgorod

May 1947 Asst. Cmdr. "6th Dept." staff of 23rd Tank Division, 8th Mechanized Army, city of Ovrug

discharged to military reserves 29 December 1947 pm health grounds-- apparently "Section 43" whatever that WAS, since it specifies nothing.

But wait! WHAT'S this down at the bottom? :shame:

[attachmentid=11700]

:speechless1::rolleyes::speechless1:

Why yes, Comrade Lastovka was recruited by the Uzhgorod Command of the MGB to be an informer in May 1948-- "Sotrudnik" is a "collaborator/contributor." This notes that he was released from this duty obligation 12 September 1952 by reduction in the establishmen of the Ukrainian MGB.

Must have eliminated all the Enemies Of The People locally by then, though not quite up in Lvov.

Meanwhile, Informer Lastovka had graduated from Uzhgorod's Vegerny University of Marxism-Leninism in 1950, though he had been taking law courses earlier,

and as of 1952 was working as a cash planning Inspector at the State Bank of the Uzhgorod City Administration.

Guest Rick Research

There were actually FOUR partial sets of personnel papers-- this full format, from which the assignments above and these two below were taken, a hideous bled-through smeary scribbled wartime set, and several incomplete postwar versions that were largely blank.

[attachmentid=11707]

Guest Rick Research

There are always little "gotcha" discrepancies which have to be merged from one page or set of pages to another. [attachmentid=11708]

Other items are maddeningly VAFUE-- like line 26, which under "state of health" apparently indicates some 1951 assessment that he could only be recallef for restricted "2nd Class" use-- but does not specify WHAT his "medical issue" WAS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Rick-

The late research was partially my fault... I found it nicely nestled in a batch of later research. I thought to myself: "Hmmm... this group doesn't sound familiar..." and then it dawned on me! :D Off into the mail it went. Glad that it could add to your overall research!

Dave