News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New EK display....

Well,I bought a new display and thought everything was fine...and then I started to pic up all the Eks here in every room....the truth began to bite-one new display is not enough! Maybe one for the imperial 1st class,one for the'39 EK1......

39er left,imperials right.

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

@Steve-yes,it's the IKEA display! I had planned it complete different,the '39 placed by makers and groups-the same with the '14 EKs.But I never realized that I've got so many floating around here. Not enough space at all,I think everything that isn't an iron cross has to disappear.....

Micha

It looks great. I looked into ordering one of these, but the shipping was more than the cabinet. They seem to be the standard for military displays. Since you have so many EK's, you should also consider some riker type cabinets that you hang on the wall. You can get some nice wooden ones that hold the metals tight against the glass. I will post a picture of some of mine tomorrow when I'm home. I have 15 of my EK2's that don't have ribbons in one and it looks great. Shadow box cabinetts that lay flat are another option. With the amount of items you have, setting them all up like you have with the plastic stands may not be totally realistic. It certainly looks good though.

Edited by Steve campbell

@Steve-yes,it's the IKEA display! I had planned it complete different,the '39 placed by makers and groups-the same with the '14 EKs.But I never realized that I've got so many floating around here. Not enough space at all,I think everything that isn't an iron cross has to disappear.....

Micha

You've got to be kidding me! With so many floating around, may I suggest that I, and others, take a few of them off of your hands. Of course, as a favor to you. We wouldn't want you to be burdened with where to display them, and I have plenty of display room. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

That it's how it looks like at the moment.....The '39 section complete on easels,the '14er only the 1st class is on stands.About 80 EK2 are lying loose in the display.That gives me the problem where to display the rest.I think I will lock away the rest of Prussia and Oldenburg to get one display only for imperial 2nd....And while I'm typing this my last two Ebay purchases has dropped in(together with a beautyful upgrade of a'39 Meybauer pinback,maker marked of course with the old style pin).

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

Micha, you could try what I mentioned earlier. Here is a case of some of my EK2's that is hanging on my wall. I added the purple backing. The glare from the glass doesn't do the picture justice. There's 15 crosses there now but it should fit about 18 comfortably. You would need a few cases but it would add a nice contrast to the cabinet display.

Edited by Steve campbell

Sorry, that's the wrong picture above, although it is another type of case I was going to show. This type lies flat as do the metals. This makes them very accessible and rearrangement easy when new pieces show up, which seems to happen to you every 15 minutes. Here is the type that hangs on the wall.

Well,I bought a new display and thought everything was fine...and then I started to pic up all the Eks here in every room....the truth began to bite-one new display is not enough! Maybe one for the imperial 1st class,one for the'39 EK1......

39er left,imperials right.

Micha

Hi,Micha! WOW!!! Splendid KREUZ stars!! And nice display!! :cheers: What's Hallmarked? Or "1" ~ all???!!! How beautiful & great photo!! Best shot!!

@Naoki-the '39 EKs are all maker marked except the always unmarked ones(Schinkel EK1/EK2,Clamshell EKs and a non magnetic EK2).The '14 EKs-I think I've got 90% of all maker marked EK1 and a good amount of EK2.Also a lot of 1st class with silver content stamps and of course many different unmarked variations.

Micha

That all happened step by step-I've started to collect military stuff when I was 15,then I bought my first motorbike and sold some stuff...started again and sold it......but you can say the beginning of my EK collection was 10 years ago.

Micha