News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi All!

My father gave this to me a while ago. He bought it for a $100 from his uncle, a former antique dealer. It is an ENORMOUS Nazi flag of some sort. It features a Swastika in the center of a cogwheel. It measures 117in x 134in, or around 9'9ft by 11ft. I had a really had time spreading it out in my house to take pictures. I think it flew over a factory at one time. If anyone has any information about its origin or value, please let me know. Thanks!

-Alex

It is a Deutsche Arbeitsfront, DAF, flag. There a couple of variations on this design, but basically what you have there is a factory flag that would be flown to show that the factory was performing above and beyond its required quota, hence the gold cog as opposed to the common black cog.

Regards;

Johnsy

Guest Rick Research

I have no clue about current values, but it has been an oddity of the militaria market since the day the war ended that the larger the flag, the lower the price.

Seems insane, but as you've discovered, having anyplace to display it is the problem.

• 3 months later...

I have no clue about current values, but it has been an oddity of the militaria market since the day the war ended that the larger the flag, the lower the price.

Seems insane, but as you've discovered, having anyplace to display it is the problem.

I love the big flags. I made a purchase of an 18 footer for less than $100. Nice piece of history. It is true about the display theory. If it is difficult to be displayed then it will cost less. I just have a gut feeling as more and more becomes scarce, the values will increase. Not a bad idea to stockpile flags etc.

It is the first flag that I have seen with a golden cogwheel. I would think that it would be worth a heck of a lot more than 100 dollars today.

Sure would be. What a nice piece. Need to find a way to display it. Maybe devote entire room to your collection and use the flag as a center piece.

Sure would be. What a nice piece. Need to find a way to display it. Maybe devote entire room to your collection and use the flag as a center piece.

Unfortunately, the "collection room" doesn't exist yet, though it might be in a few years. I'm hesitant to display a giant swastika like that anywhere in the house though (imagine the neighbors). In the meantime though, could you recommend a way to store it to protect it from damage (mold, mildew, etc.). Is there anything better than folding up in a box in a dry place?

hi Alex

I think that your flag maybe the NS Musterbetriebsfahne more frequentlly refered to as the Nazi model factory Golden Flag.It was introduced by Fuhrer decree on 29 August 1936, as part of a package of propaganda measures by the DAF to increase production within the framework of the 4 year economic plan , and also to engender the Nazi Volksgemeinschaft across factories. An annual contest provided a framework for factories to compete for awards which included elaborate citations and cased plaques. I suspect your flag maybe the indoor variety awarded{judging by its condition} as opposed to the more robustly produced flag which could be secured by winning factories for display outside.

Hope that this helps.

Andy

Hello!

RedMaestro

See the Webb adress : www.therupturedduck.com (The Flag side)

Regards

Nesredep

The best way I have found to store the flags are...Find a big cardboard roll. Get some thin seperating paper. Roll the flag on the cardboard roll with the acid free paper. You may even be able to find a sleeve to cover the rolled flag. Keep flag in a non-humid area. You have a beautiful flag there that deserves to be preserved and enjoyed.

Hello!

RedMaestro

See the Webb adress : www.therupturedduck.com (The Flag side)

Regards

Nesredep

Wow! $1000! That really is a lot more than I expected. I have a nagging suspicion that my flag might not be double-sided though, so I have to check that.

Thanks for the info everyone!

• 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Yes I saw that flag on waf also. It seems the larger the flag the less people interested in them cause of the size and inability to really display them. That is quite a beautiful flag you have there in any case!

regards

Duzig(Bill)

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

Yes I saw that flag on waf also. It seems the larger the flag the less people interested in them cause of the size and inability to really display them. That is quite a beautiful flag you have there in any case!

regards

Duzig(Bill)

Yeah, that is the problem when it comes to selling a larger flag; people just don't want them because they can't be displayed most of the time.

William Kramer