News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wisam al-Rafidain / Order of the Two Rivers

Sal

Just have your medal guy find several sets of this . . . .

GOOD LUCK MY IRAQI FRIEND, ANTIQUE DEALER HAS THESE AND HE WANTS $5,000.00 THE ORDER OF FAISAL I

VERY VERY RARE. I WOULD PAY IT BUT HE WILL NOT SALE IT. THATS CHEAP FOR A VERY RARE IRAQI ORDER. GO TO NAJAFCOINS.COM AND LOOK AT THERE PRICES. IRAQI MILITARIA WILL GO UP IN DUE TIME JUST AS ALL THE OTHER ARABIC ORDERS DO TO THE COLLECTORS OF IRAQI ODM ARE GROWING. I BOUGHT THE WISAM AL-RAFIDAIN FIRST CLASS KINGDOM ORDER FROM THE LIVERPOOLMEDALS.COM FOR 650.00 POUNDS ABOUT $1,200.00 DOLLARS AWESOME PRICE FOR IT, THE IRAQI MARKET IS AT $3000.00 STILL A FAIR PRICE FOR THE ORDER.

Wisam Al-Rafidain/Order of the Two Rivers Second Class (Civil) Kingdom for sale on E-bay

Very nice shape, I paid $500.00 for my 2nd Class Military type from Liverpoolmedals.com two years ago. Najafcoins price for this award goes for $650-$950.00.

Just wanted to share this with all my friends on the GMIC.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 1 month later...

:jumping:

I just KNEW something like that as coming :D

I'll be sure to ask him tomorrow....I'm positive he'l tell me he can get them and they are easier than the WaR....

Off topic a little guys....do you hae an image of the Order of Qaddisyiah Saddam??

Many thanks

:jumping: Here is an image of the Order of Qaddisyiah Saddam Sherry

1980-88 Iraq Iran war Kadasyia Saddam, Awarded to Iraqi Ministrey of Defence MOD, and Officers who fought against Iran in the time frame of 1980-88. The award should be heavier then the silver one.

You can pick this awards up for $500-$1,000.00 in Iraq make sure that the diamonds are real????

I have the 1980 silver third class award, and the 1990 Mother of all Battles first class with the "God is Great" Iraqi flag sash. Awarded for great service fighting against american forces during the Gulf war.

It is a very beautiful piece, but very commin in Iraq:

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

There are so many of these with out the sash in Iraq, the only problem is that the jewels have been replaced with plastic.

With out the jewels in the Order it takes away from the true value of these type of awards. The sash is a perfect piece to have.

Thank you for sharing

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hi, Lorenzo, I never received an answer as to the weight of your silver Quaddisiyah Saddam. Can you give me that weight. I have had mine tested the diamonds are real and it is solid 24k gold. Can you tell me how many would have received this order in solid gold? Can you tell me when this sash to the order was replaced with the "God is Great" sash? Can anyone give me a value for this medal in solid gold with this sash? I would appreciate help from anyone with any of these details. :D

Thank-you in advance.

Sherry

Wisam al-Rafidain First Class Military Republic:

Smaller pictures so you can view better:

Thank you for viewing;

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hi, Lorenzo, I never received an answer as to the weight of your silver Quaddisiyah Saddam. Can you give me that weight. I have had mine tested the diamonds are real and it is solid 24k gold. Can you tell me how many would have received this order in solid gold? Can you tell me when this sash to the order was replaced with the "God is Great" sash? Can anyone give me a value for this medal in solid gold with this sash? I would appreciate help from anyone with any of these details. :D

Thank-you in advance.

Sherry

Sherry,

The sash and the reverse were changed during the invasion of Kuwait when Saddam instituted the Order of the Mother of Battles - this was manufactured locally as was the Order of Qaddissiya. I suspect that the original type was of Italian manufacture. When I obtained my set (3 classes) of second type Qadissiya and the Mother of battles (1 class) they were missing most of their stones - those remaining were genuine and I have had remainder of the diamonds replaced - as these are very small it was not an expensive exercise. As to the value of a 1st type in gold the actual weight of the badge would be the main determining factor - a good local jeweller wshould be able to assess at least the raw material (gold & stones) value of the badge. As it is a scarce piece there is obviously a collectors premium over and above the raw material value but I am not sure as to the demand for such an item - serious collectors of Arab awards with funds are few and far between but I suspect that it would be out of my modest price range. You could either approach a deler for an immediate cash sale or an auction house with the possibility of a higher sale price - or of course you could just keep it!

Regards,

Owain

Sherry,

The sash and the reverse were changed during the invasion of Kuwait when Saddam instituted the Order of the Mother of Battles - this was manufactured locally as was the Order of Qaddissiya. I suspect that the original type was of Italian manufacture. When I obtained my set (3 classes) of second type Qadissiya and the Mother of battles (1 class) they were missing most of their stones - those remaining were genuine and I have had remainder of the diamonds replaced - as these are very small it was not an expensive exercise. As to the value of a 1st type in gold the actual weight of the badge would be the main determining factor - a good local jeweller wshould be able to assess at least the raw material (gold & stones) value of the badge. As it is a scarce piece there is obviously a collectors premium over and above the raw material value but I am not sure as to the demand for such an item - serious collectors of Arab awards with funds are few and far between but I suspect that it would be out of my modest price range. You could either approach a deler for an immediate cash sale or an auction house with the possibility of a higher sale price - or of course you could just keep it!

Regards,

Owain

Hi Owain, Happy Holidays to you and I want to thank you for all your help. If you still want the measurements for the sash for this order let me know. If you do-- do you want the measurements in millimeters or inches? The medals they belong to my son and I think that he is going to keep them (if no great need arises that he needs cash). I am trying my best to gather as much information about them so that that are not just hunks of metal that he doesn't know anything about. I am trying to convey that they

are bits of history and that he did pretty well for himself with the medals that he obtained while in Iraq. He gave some away that he should have kept. They were all awarded to one man and should have stayed together as a collection but he wanted his buddies to have some of them and he had no idea of their historical value as a set. Thanks again for all your help and your wealth of knowlege that you share with us all. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Sherry

• 3 months later...

I will place some photographs of my Iraqi Orders and medals in the appropriate threads when I have the opportunities to have the photographs taken.New to adding threads so please bear with me.

Medals of the 2 Rivers in my collection:

Wisam al Rafidain from my collection:

You have a very large collection of the Wisam al Rafidain in all classes both civil and military:

Thank you

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-3034-1207567445.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-3034-1207567585.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-3034-1207567620.jpgAn example of a Civil Award of the Order of the Two Rivers in its original case.I believe this to be the last version manufactured.

Very Very nice: I want to see you Saddam medal bar that was in the museum in South Africa:

Thank you for sharing:

Lorenzo