News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all (especially the evil one...)

maybe someone can help me with this beautifull but unfortunately a little bit wrecked medal bar...

which RAO class is missing? what is the light-blue ribbon 4th from last (W?rttemberg or foreign..) ? what is the second ribbon from last? and of course... who was the owner??? tongue.gifwink.gif

thanks for all help, unfortunately this is the only photo I can offer at the moment...

best wishes

Heiko

post-338-1124663540_thumb.jpg

Guest Rick Research

The EVIL Ricky does not do medal bars, because only I, the GOOD Ricky, have Rank Lists. tongue.gif

This combination screams "Navy" at me (Norwegian St Olaf,

Turkish Osmanie 4th:

[attachmentid=8954][attachmentid=8955]

Japanese Sacred Treasure-- 4th? 5th?? what class is that?)

But I can't find a match in 1914! sad.gif

It must be a Red Eagle 4, with the Prussian Crown 4. There were a good number of Korvettenkapit?ns with those, but not matching the foreign awards.

NO clue what the plain blue was... might be a W?rttemberg Friedrich Order-- but I don't THINK so. Look where the removed THING left its mark on the folded ribbon-- like a small MEDAL size. We'll IGNORE that and focus on all the others. (I hate one-color ribbons! speechless.gif )

A lot of naval engineers had the RAO4/KO4... and were more likely than a zS officer to have "invisible" steel campaign medals...

but no match on the foreign awards, either.

It is definitely a pre-war bar though, which limits the suspects:

that is a Prussian/navy XXV on there, so Beamten were not authorized to receive that then. It's a "combatant branch" bar.

Now the GOOD Ricky

ALWAYS asks

(what does he ask, chorus?)

"What Color Is The Backing Material?"

post-160-1124675172_thumb.jpg

post-160-1124675201_thumb.jpg

Rick, I could get some more information on the bar... the backing material is RED and without a maker. Someone in the family, maybe the son of the owner has been a priest or something like that and the bar comes originally from the area of munich (M?nchen)... that`s all I could get...

Heiko

Guest Rick Research

Red shows up SOMETIMES on navy bars, but blue on an army bar is really strange as a clue.

So red doesn't help here. But I am now sure (I went through 1908 last night too) that despite the CLASSIC "you had to take a boat to GET there" foreign awards, this is NOT navy.

So that means a page by page search through the Prussian army Rank List. When the weather improves enough (300% humidity here now).