News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Now here?s one that you don?t see everyday ......

• Replies 145
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike,

Yes, the colored front piece (the correct name of it escapes me at the moment) was worn for parades and gala occasions.

As Sandro says - in German Rabatte. In English a Plastron as used by British Army Lancer Regiments.

Regards

Glenn

• 3 months later...
    • 3 months later...

I think its time to breath some new life into this thread. I?ve been on my annual shopping tour, and turned up these two beauties. First, a M 1832 Bavarian officers Kasket from the household of Prince Alfons of Bavaria. The label inside identifies it as the former property of Prinzregent Luitpold. :rolleyes:

Edited by GdC26

Pic # 5. The feathers are in fact more purple than red, but the photoeditingprogram messed them up a bit in hte previous pic. The plugged hole above Bavarian cockade once held the Landcockarde (1841 - 1851). There is also a plugged hole on the other side which at one point clearly held a cockarde (there is an old impression of a cocarde in the leather). The trichter and screw are missing at the moment, but will be with me soon.

Second, a pair of dress shoulderboards to Wilhelm II as Chef of the Russian infantry regiment Wyborg.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Sandro

Edited by GdC26

Hi Sandro,

Do you by any chance have any pictures of Prinz Adalbert of Bayern (The WW1 Prince?

Thanks

Chris

Chirs, I?ve done a quick check of my library, and found nothing. If on closer inspection I find a pic, I will be sure to post it.

Regards,

Sandro

• 2 weeks later...

Like the other members, I'm in awe of this collection. As my Oma would have said, "Ach du meine Guete". Absolutely outstanding material, Sandro.

Many thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it, and am pleased that you enjoy my collection.

Regards,

Sandro

• 5 months later...