News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Condor Legion Tank Badge

mmiller

Gentlemen,

I thought I would try stirring up some dust, things seem a little slow. Here is my offering. Please post your CLTB. I think we will have 3 possibilities. The rare and pretty much non-existant Portguese is one, and the second two are the German stamped versions, with differences in the wreath, tank, bones, etc.

And are either of the German badges Wernstein produced pieces?

Thanks,

Mark

Here's a detailed picture of one in wear.

All the photos of 'in wear' badges I have seen have the 'natural' bones...........rather than the 'stick' bones in the badges posted above.

I've never seen the 'stick' bones in wear................but I'd like to!

Fine John,

Sorry, I didn't even think about putting it there. DUH!

Robin,

I guess this is a dumb question, what what exactly is the difference bewtween the 'natural' and the 'stick' bones?

Regards,

Mark

Edited by mmiller

Gentlemen,

I thought I would try stirring up some dust, things seem a little slow. Here is my offering. Please post your CLTB. I think we will have 3 possibilities. The rare and pretty much non-existant Portguese is one, and the second two are the German stamped versions, with differences in the wreath, tank, bones, etc.

And are either of the German badges Wernstein produced pieces?

Thanks,

Mark

H! It's a Splendid!!! MINT piece :cheers: From Japan I like "Spanien" LOVE :cheeky:

Naoki, Konban wa!

Arigato gozaimasu and Much Thanks! (from the USA.) :beer: I always thought it was pretty 'textbook'.

Regards,

Mark

H! It's a Splendid!!! MINT piece :cheers: From Japan I like "Spanien" LOVE :cheeky:
    Edited by mmiller

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a detailed picture of one in wear.

All the photos of 'in wear' badges I have seen have the 'natural' bones...........rather than the 'stick' bones in the badges posted above.

I've never seen the 'stick' bones in wear................but I'd like to!

Hi Robin,

I will post few pics showing "stick' bones badge in wear next week. From memory, RKtr?ger BECKER worn one and may be ZUNDORF.

Could you post the entire portrait showing the badge worn ?

jacques

Fine John,

Sorry, I didn't even think about putting it there. DUH!

Robin,

I guess this is a dumb question, what what exactly is the difference bewtween the 'natural' and the 'stick' bones?

Regards,

Mark

Mark.

The stick bones just look like a bunch of sticks............as on the 2 badges shown at the top of this thread!

Hi Robin,

I think posts 15, 18 show stick bones badge thus your post 14. I think I have a couple more in my files. at least the stick bones variant isn't known on LC period uniform, but only on war period Wehrmacht ones.

Which is interesting on your first pic is that we distinguish the top of the pin and what seems to be the hinge. this one looks like the repaired pin badge sold by Weitze few years ago, on which the pin makes a loop at the top.

By chance, are your pics named?

Very nice portraits you shown us, if you want to part of the 2 first ones, PM me :rolleyes:

Have you had dealings with this seller before Don? Paddy has been educating me on the value of Mr Niemann's COA, but I'm still a babe in the woods in the militaria field. The auction finishes soon, so I've kept a copy of the photo - the file is too big for the GMIC site so here is a link if anyone wants to see it:

http://www.feldpost.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1849

Here's my Legion Condor Panzer Badge, Portugese manufacture. I've posted it previously on GMIC.

The pin is obviously a replacement, the catch is probably original but crudely repaired with solder.

Stan