News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Estonia. Modern military badges.

Dear Gentlemen,

Here is a new topic talking about the modern Estonian military badges. You can see the badges which are revived after the almost 60 years of Soviet and German occupations. Some of them look like the 1920-40 badges, some others have a modern design. Of course the quality of the badges is not so good as it was in 1920-40 but good enough to like them:).

I would be very glad if anybody can add information to this topic and I will answer on your questions with a great pleasure.

Best regards,

pluribus

National Defence League- Ten Years Service Badge of the Narva company of the Alutaguse regional unit.

Dimension 42x42 mm. Gilded bronze, silver, enamels. Multipiece riveted construction, vaulted. Screwback. Makermarked Roman Tavast.

National Defence League- Badge of Merit of Tallinn Regional Unit.

Silvered bronze, silver, enamels. Vaulted, multipiece construction. Height 45 mm. Screwback. Makermarked HERALD, Tallinn.

A neck badge to the higher commanding staff and higher guests of the Sea parade of the Day of the State Defence in 2006.

Silver 925, enamels. Riveted construction, with silver chain. Height 53 mm. Makermarked M?rgikoda on the reverse.

Edited by pluribus

Estonian-made badge related to United Nations military forces.

Does anybody know for what is this badge? What is MTC?

Thanks to Dave Danner :beer:

In the spring of 2005, Estonia organised in co-operation with the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations, MTC (Military Training Cell) course in Tallinn, the goal of which was the training of instructors for in-mission training of UN peacekeeping missions.

Edited by pluribus

Badge of the Defence Ministry`s Judge Advocate Corps, Office of Military Prosecutor ,with the miniature.

Silver, gilded bronze, enamels. Multipiece riveted construction. Height 56 mm.

Makermarked Roman Tavast.

National Defence League- Badge of Merit of Hiiu subunit of Laane territorial unit.

Bronze. Height 45 mm. Screwback. Makermarked HERALD, Tallinn.

30 badges awarded until 2005.

Edited by pluribus

Nice Ones, Do you have any pictures of estonian ODM too??

Thanks. Yes, I will scan my collection little by little and will start a new topic of Estonian ODM (both vintage and modern) soon.

pluribus

I think MTC is probably Multinational Training Center.

No badges, but I have this:

Dave,

Thank you for the idea. :beer: I found the answer:

Estonia has also taken part in the training of UN peacekeepers. For example, in the spring of 2005, Estonia organised in co-operation with the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations, MTC (Military Training Cell) course in Tallinn, the goal of which was the training of instructors for in-mission training of UN peacekeeping missions.

You have a nice cased miniature of the Estonian soldier :D

pluribus

Edited by pluribus

Very attractive... Eastern European Countries tend to have what I consider Russian style badges.

Thanks.

I think there were Imperial Russian influences in some of the Estonian badges of 1920s but not in modern ones.

Mostly the ethnic Estonian and Nordic symbols are in use as it`s proper to the Nordic state.

:beer:

pluribus