News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris,

They are numbered 193. Yes, they were issued, to a Trooper Roger Nyoni. I have a set of numbered and unissued and un-numbered unissued. The beret is named to a scout as well!

Cheers,

James

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris,

Nice wings, thanks for showing them! If the number was 100 lower, you could be in business! Apparently, the wing roster was never kept up after 0461 and there were 532 Scouts awarded wings. I was, by luck, able to track down wing 0532 and recently obtained them. I doubt that 0532 was ever issued, but it's nice to have a set that signifies the total amount awarded!

Cheers,

James

Edited by JamesM

I have a cap badge and an 'ash tray' with the Selous Scouts badges on.....the pair are around in the attic.

They were given to me in around 1982/83 from a former Scout who became a journalist here in the UK. I was 12 or so at the time and wanted Falklands War items of course, I don't recall his name properly although it was British sounding.

I'll dig them out for interest.

Kr

Marcus

I have a cap badge and an 'ash tray' with the Selous Scouts badges on.....the pair are around in the attic.

They were given to me in around 1982/83 from a former Scout who became a journalist here in the UK. I was 12 or so at the time and wanted Falklands War items of course, I don't recall his name properly although it was British sounding.

I'll dig them out for interest.

Kr

Marcus

No sense keeping them in the attic!! Send them to me and I'll display them for you!! I look forward to seeing the items!

Cheers,

James

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brendon,

Nice items! Are the wings numbered? If so could we see some close ups of the back of them? Is the beret maker marked and or named in any way? It looks like it could be an officers beret?

I look forward to seeing more!

Cheers,

James

James,

Both wings are numbered and issued, and that is an officers beret.

Rgds,

Brendon

Brendon,

Thanks! Would it be possible for close up photos of the wings and or tell us what the numbers are on the wings, please?

Cheers,

James

• 3 months later...

A new addition to the collection arrived, so I thought I'd post photos for anyone interested!

These were commemorative silver ingots presented to members of the Selous Scouts. This particular ingot is numbered 0888.

Cheers,

James