News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 63
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo David F :cheers:

Welcome to the forum, some great pictures and thanks for sharing them with us, some of the others will undoubtly add comments and translations of the writing, I can muddle through type-written German but the handwriting is a no go for me :P

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

David,

welcome and thanks for showing.I just love old photographs and it looks like you have the makings of a fine collection.I,ve just started collecting photo portrait postcards myself but Kriegsmarine.

Again thanks,Martin.

Congratulations David F. You have very interesting CDV's and postcards. I collect only W.W.I postcards and a few are portraits or groups. I love them. Curiously all the portraits and groups (exept generals) are german. As you have noticed, the mesages in the back sometimes as interesting as the photograph.

Eduardo

• 4 weeks later...

Post 48:- Medals are left to right:

The Emperor Franz Josef Jubilee Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Kaiser's reign (1848-1898), commonly called the "Signum Memoriae" medal, for military personnel it is all red.

The other is the 60th jubilee cross was instituted by Emperor Franz Joseph on 14 August 1908 for 60th anniversary of his Reign.

The ribbon being white with two thin red stripes.

More pictures of these particular medals can be seen in our Austrian section.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva