News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Artillery WW2 Burma Front

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

The veteran who wore this brought back the Burmese collaborator flag shown at

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20331&hl=

Now, I had shoulder danglies like this as an intermediate Cub-Boy Scout in the 1960s...

but I cannot imagine something that jounced up and down at peripheral vision snagging in jungle undergrowth was a GOOD idea. :speechless1:

What unit does this represent, plaase?

And WHAT was whoever designed this THINKING? :speechless:

Unusual, not disimilar to the style of brassards showing unit insignia worn by the Israelis during the 70's -80's & perhaps still worn.

20th Indian Div - Fought in the Tamy area during the withdrawal from Burma, covered the retirement across the Chindwin & the Kabaw Valley, took part in the Arakan campaign & formed part of the 14th Army in the final operations in Burma.

1950's - current QEII Royal Artillery Officers Service Dress cap badge, standard Royal Artillery button circa 1902-52, produced or adapted to a sweetheart stickpin.

Edited by leigh kitchen

Guest Rick Research

Thanks for the info! :beer:

The "ping pong paddle" is sewn to the TOP of the loop, where the "RA" is. See the squished over edge on the bottom of the loop? Some sort of shirt strap obviously mashed that, at the shoulder seam.

It is simply a bizarre thing.