News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partisan commemorative medal for foreigners

Hi Stefan! Welcome to the forum! I would really like to have this medal in my collection. I heard that this medal was given to foreigner partisans who participated in the WWII in Yugoslavia.

Hello Bryan! The price of the medal is around 50? at the moment, but we both know that the value of Yugoslav orders & medals doubled in the past few years. And yes, as far as i know this medal was given to foreign partisans.

Dear Stefan,

congratulations to that beautiful and rather rare YU-Medal :cheers: .

I miss that item in my small collection of YU-Awards :( .

The USD 50,- for that medal - as Bryan noted - would be a real bargain nowadays: Igor http://www.collectrussia.com offers one, as far as I remember, for about USD 250,-.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: What's the meaning of "Befehl 227" :unsure: ?

Dear Stefan,

congratulations to that beautiful and rather rare YU-Medal :cheers: .

I miss that item in my small collection of YU-Awards :( .

The USD 50,- for that medal - as Bryan noted - would be a real bargain nowadays: Igor http://www.collectrussia.com offers one, as far as I remember, for about USD 250,-.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: What's the meaning of "Befehl 227" :unsure: ?

Servas Christian!

Danke f?r die Gl?ckw?nsche! :beer:

The medal is the most expensive one (Yugoslav medal) on this site - very funny! THAT price is definitely not realistic! The upper limit for the medal is (should be) 70? (without case)!

Befehl 227?! Look at your avatar...it was his "Befehl"! :D

Edited by Befehl227

Christian, never rely on Collect Russia for the market prices. Would you pay right now $155 for a Partisan Star 3rd Class? :rolleyes:

Ah . . . yes . . . but dealers around the world know the site, and use it to "calibrate" their prices . . . even in Ulanbaatar.

:cheeky::banger:

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...

I don't know if there is another thread about this medal. I could't find any so I renamed the thread name, that way it will be easier to find for people using the search button.

On my part, I finally found one of these for my collection. :)

Edited by Bryan

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 5 months later...

A little more information.

It was created in 1965 specifically to honor foreigners who had fought in WWII, along with the Yugoslav partisans. It is made in bronze and plated in silver with enamel. I think they just gave those who were still alive (not sure) so that the medal is scarce.

At the front is shown in red map of Poland, but were not only given to people of that nationality. On the back of the medal shows the slogan "Freedom for the people, death to fascism."

Best regards, Ruiz.