News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello ,

Though almost perfect I feel this is a modern museum quality repro . The first think that hit me was how new and fresh it looks , compair this tunic to my M40 police tunic for sale on this web site and look at the difference in age apperance . Also, I have never seen a tunic with M44 stamped on the inside . These are just my humble opinion's though .

Best Regards,

Joe

Hello ,

Though almost perfect I feel this is a modern museum quality repro . The first think that hit me was how new and fresh it looks , compair this tunic to my M40 police tunic for sale on this web site and look at the difference in age apperance . Also, I have never seen a tunic with M44 stamped on the inside . These are just my humble opinion's though .

Best Regards,

Joe

I have only owned one myself, but I have never seen an M44 with stamps either. I would have to have this one in hand before I could make a decision. I dont really like the Grefeiter cheveron or the application...

Who is selling this(unless it is confidential)?

Regards

Paul

Hello ,

I too do not like the looks of the rank chevron nor do I like the way the collar tabs are sewn on . I checked all of my reference books and I feel the ink stamp M44 is the dead give away here , the Germans never called their uniforms "M40,M41, M42 ,M44 " etc. , this is done by modern day collectors !

Best Regards,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

apart from the fact that this tunic's as genuine as a US$13 note :speechless1: (very likely a garment made by Janke!)....the M44 below the size markings is not the model designation;M is the first letter of the Wehrkries depot that processed theissue of the garment (in this case Munich),and 44 is the date :rolleyes: !

Hope that helps

Manny

P.S.;I have attached a picture of the markings of a REAL M44 tunic made of a brownish shade of the so-called Russischer Stoff...apart from a double dose of RBNr you can read 180-188,which means that the garment was tailored for a soldier whose height was between 1,80 and 1,88mt,the regular sizes and the first letter of the depot(M for Munich) and year,which in this case is 44!

Edited by 200lswc

• 2 months later...