News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:banger:

Here is a Photo of a Bavarian MMJO , but who is he ?

I have the Bavarian Ehrenbook and looking at the picture I can read a 13 on the shoulder.

Then I have two officers :

Major Anton Ritter von D?mlein KIA 11.4.1918

Capt Hugo Ritter von Kraemer KIA 6.9.17

Could anyone id the rank of this guy? Imperial uniforms is not my best area....

(but when I get rich and quit working I will spend the rest of my days learning more :rolleyes: )

Kind Regards from Sweden

Christer

:banger:

Here is a Photo of a Bavarian MMJO , but who is he ?

I have the Bavarian Ehrenbook and looking at the picture I can read a 13 on the shoulder.

Then I have two officers :

Major Anton Ritter von D?mlein KIA 11.4.1918

Capt Hugo Ritter von Kraemer KIA 6.9.17

Could anyone id the rank of this guy? Imperial uniforms is not my best area....

(but when I get rich and quit working I will spend the rest of my days learning more :rolleyes: )

Kind Regards from Sweden

Christer

:cheers:

I think I got Him myself!

I missed one of the MMJO winners from b Inf Rgt 13 when I looked in the book (the only one wich survived the war)

ObLt Karl ritter von Weber , what I can see he has only one pipe on his shoulder and that would make him an Lt or ObLt am I right?

So If I now got the right man, doers anyone have any info about ObLt Karl ritter von Weber ?

Thanks in advance

Christer

There are two more from 13.bay.IR. One you can discount, though. Hilmar Ritter von Mittelberger also was from 13th, but he received his MMJO as a captain on the general staff of the 3.bay.Inf.Div.

The other is a possibility along woth Weber. Oblt.d.R. Karl Ritter von Reif of the reserve of the regiment won the MMJO as Fhr., 3./bay.RIR 13. Reif also survived the war. Ritter von Reif was recalled in 1939 and eventually became an Oberst. He died in 1959.

Ritter von Weber remained in the 100,000 man army after the war. He was promoted to Generalmajor on December 1, 1940 and died of wounds on July 20, 1941 near Smolensk, USSR.

There are two more from 13.bay.IR. One you can discount, though. Hilmar Ritter von Mittelberger also was from 13th, but he received his MMJO as a captain on the general staff of the 3.bay.Inf.Div.

The other is a possibility along woth Weber. Oblt.d.R. Karl Ritter von Reif of the reserve of the regiment won the MMJO as Fhr., 3./bay.RIR 13. Reif also survived the war. Ritter von Reif was recalled in 1939 and eventually became an Oberst. He died in 1959.

Ritter von Weber remained in the 100,000 man army after the war. He was promoted to Generalmajor on December 1, 1940 and died of wounds on July 20, 1941 near Smolensk, USSR.

Hi Dave , you are the best !

Theese two I didn?t have in my book at all, so now I have to possible.

Have to start look for a photo of Ritter von Weber or Reif to see if they look like the man in my pic.

:cheers:

Christer