News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,

I finally got around 10 - 15 kg papers with some lists what will be my very first "type it to the excel format" project.

There is as well some Hohenzollern indicated but I am not sure are you interested as well to the civilian ones or you main task is only awards with the swords?

Here is one name example (very weird abreviations!!! Don't know do I keep them in same format or I better follow the ones posted here?)

Hi Noor,

VEEERY INTERESTING weird source which I have not seen before.

What is that?????

I would be very much interested in more from this.

Your 1st example Wendt is one I do still not have in my list. As there are no other peacetime awards shown and a peacetime HOH is already something extraordinary and nearly unthinkable without any other award like the Red Eagle before I would assume they mean here the HOH3X instead of a HOH3.

There were 3 Wendts with a HOH3X, a Freiherr, a Georg von and Immo Wendt, still no Erwin...

Greetings

Daniel

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Sorry, but I do not believe this is a genuine ribbon bar.

Main reason is the former seller whose fancy ribbons bars, sold over the years, all look very similar. Conspiciouis similar.

There are also some details which I honestly don't like, e.g. the bronze swords for the China KO4X on #3...

Hi. Thanks for your comment.

Can you point me to / show me images of some similar pieces of the same seller?

Regards. Peter.

Sorry, but I do not believe this is a genuine ribbon bar.

Main reason is the former seller whose fancy ribbons bars, sold over the years, all look very similar. Conspiciouis similar.

There are also some details which I honestly don't like, e.g. the bronze swords for the China KO4X on #3...

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel

I have a new date for you.

Major Erwin Ludwig von Steinberg, Baden FAR Nr. 76: Actual award patent for HOH3X- 26.4.1918 (temporary patent was marked 29.9.1918). i have seen both documents. If you need pictures please let me know. Thanks to everyone who helped me to start researching this guy.

ostprussenmann

• 2 months later...

Hi Daniel,

New information.

Leutnant d. R Oskar Thierfelder from RIR 133 has received the Hohenzollern knight cross at the end of the war (for the moment I have no date).

This officer received the St Henry silver medal and the knight cross of St Henry.

Christophe

@Christophe; thanks a lot!!! Do You have any source mentioning him as Hohenzollern knight or a picture? He did as well geth the Albrecht ans Merit ORder with swords! Awesome decorated Saxon!!

@Dave: Thanks a lot!!!

@all; come on friends, lets continue! At the moment I have 7643 Hohenzollern knights, 410 more than Geile had in the 90ies. I am still missing 648 names :-)

Lots of greetings

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...