News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

Guest Rick Research

G?rtner was a fascinating character-- the oldest/most senior reserve officer to win the Pour le Merite.

Poor Count Waldersee had the most amazing military career, only to be asphyxiated by a malfunctioning coal heater in China.

Ribbon bar of Max Rademacher

Hi Karsten,

great pictures - thank you for showing us!

One question, the name is Max Rademacher or (maybe) Max Radermacher!?

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Hi Karsten,

great pictures - thank you for showing us!

One question, the name is Max Rademacher or (maybe) Max Radermacher!?

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

A good question, there are 2 Rademacher and 1 Radermacher with the HOH3X. Which is it? ;o)

Regards Mike

@Rick Research

For sure! Wasn?t it Generalmajor Maximilian Graf von Yorck von Wartenburg who asphyxiated by a malfunctioning coal heater?

Count Waldersee died 1904 in Hannover.

Best wishes

Karsten

Guest Rick Research

Ah. That's what happens trying to remember something I read back in the 1970s.... :cheers:

@Roman Slivin

Yes it is Erich G?rtner. Do you have some more informations of him :jumping:

@Rick Research

Wow in the 70s I wasn?t still born

One of the certificates of Oberstleutnant Martin Julius Gerhard Kadelbach :rolleyes:

All the best

Karsten

Edited by Leutwein

@Roman Slivin

Yes it is Erich G?rtner. Do you have some more informations of him :jumping:

Hello Karsten,

I have some information:

?M3K

V O. b. HGr. Mackensen/Res. IR. 205./preu?. Hptm. d. Ldw. a. D./In Anerkennung tapferen Verhaltens vor dem Feinde

Regards,

Roman

Infanterie-Regiment 463

Oberstlt. und Regts.-Kommandeur Laue (24. November 1917)

Major und Batls.-Kommandeur (II.) de Rainville (24. November 1917)

Hauptm. und Batls.-Kommandeur (III.) v. Schmidt (11. Mai 1918)

Leutnant d. R. und Komp.-F?hrer (11.) Iosten (11. Mai 1918)

Leutnant d. R. und Komp.-F?hrer (1.) Grosse (8. Iuli 1918)

Hello Roman,

thanks a lot! I had only this information, which I received from Daniel

Gaertner, Erich, Major d.L.a.D. RIR 205, Zivil Polizei-Oberstleutnant, weitere Ausz.: pour le Merite und Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold

Best wishes

Karsten

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Ahhh... VERY obscure. But you have added that HOH3X to what Erhard Roth knew! :cheers:

He used Rufname Hans.

Feldart Rgt 68 before the war

F?hnrich 24.11.01

Leutnant 24.01.02

Oberleutnant 24.01.11

Hauptmann 21.05.14

a.D. 31.03.20

char. Major aD 15.02.21

He was F?hrer Feldfliegerabteilung 33 June 1915 to April 1916, ended the war Stab kommandierender General Luftstreitkr?fte

Spranger's only other known awards are SA3aX 18.06.15 and Crown to that 03.04.16.

That';s from Roth.

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

Post whatever his signature looks like. Nobody by that name, and reading what he scribled on back will be quicker than finding this combination.

Guest Rick Research

No wonder they arrested millions of the wrong people-- no such person.

I'm sure he'll turn up in a Reichsheer Rank List, I just don't have the time with other things I am doing right now and did not find him on a quick look through.

With the Johanniters, he should be a "von Somebody."

Guest Rick Research

Ha! He is poor old Georg VON NIEBECKER

born in Bromberg 5 November 1877 but commissioned in Baden Pioneer Batallion 14.

Retired as charakterisiert Generalmajor aD 30 September 1931 but was called back up as commander of Wehrbezirkskommando Weimar 1935-37.

When the war started, mobilized as commander of "Oberbaustab 33"wherever and whatever that was. Seniority as Generalmajor zur Verfügung 1 November 1940. He served in this position ONLY 1 September 1939 to 2 January 1941, finally retiring permanently 31 May 1941...

so he never served against the Soviet Union at all. It must simply have been his misfortune to have lived in an area under the Russian Zone of Occupation and he was taken away... by mistake. I have the ribbon bar of a Luftwaffe General who had the same thing happen-- apparently arrested because he had the same last name as an army cousin of his who HAD served inside the borders of the USSR during the war.

Ha! He is poor old Georg VON NIEBECKER

born in Bromberg 5 November 1877 but commissioned in Baden Pioneer Batallion 14.

Retired as charakterisiert Generalmajor aD 30 September 1931 but was called back up as commander of Wehrbezirkskommando Weimar 1935-37.

When the war started, mobilized as commander of "Oberbaustab 33"wherever and whatever that was. Seniority as Generalmajor zur Verfügung 1 November 1940. He served in this position ONLY 1 September 1939 to 2 January 1941, finally retiring permanently 31 May 1941...

so he never served against the Soviet Union at all. It must simply have been his misfortune to have lived in an area under the Russian Zone of Occupation and he was taken away... by mistake. I have the ribbon bar of a Luftwaffe General who had the same thing happen-- apparently arrested because he had the same last name as an army cousin of his who HAD served inside the borders of the USSR during the war.

:beer:

NKVD arrested all military and civil officials.

The general even were well for the general statistics.

I know a case when have arrested the miner in full dress, thought that it the general.