News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

Hi,

Here are two bars to share with you which fit the topic of discussion. One with the Princely Hohenzollern House Order, and the other with HOH3x.

Bar 1:

Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914-18

Princely Hohenzollern House Order

Mecklenburg Schwerin militarverdienst

West Afrika Medal

Swedish order of the crown? (Swords striking down over, non-combatant?) Brunswick KVK?

Prussian Kronenorden

Red Eagle Order

Bar 2: Possible row 1 of 2?

Iron Cross 1914-18 + 1939 2nd class

HOH3x

Sachsen Altenburg Herzog Ernst Medaille OR Prussian Verdienstkreuz Gold?

Friedrich August Medal with the Vor Dem Feinde Clasp.

Mecklenburg Schwerin militarverdienst

Honour Cross

Any help putting a name and a history to these two bars would be much appreciated :)

Best Regards

Alan

Thanks for your input here Alan!

I cannot find in my books that the crown and swords device was worn on the ribbon of the Albrechtsorden.... (but most books are very obscure about ribbons and ribbon bars) can you guide me here?

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you already have a copy of this photo, as it was widely distributed, but here is an autographed copy from my collection. It's from a photo album of a former member of Jasta 40, whose final commander was Carl Degelow. As far as I know he was the last person to ever win the military Pour le Merite.

Chip

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Have the statutes for the Hohenzollern House Order ever been collected and published in English?

I have the great Hamelman book Of Red Eagles and Royal Crowns, which is the translated statutes of the Red Eagle Order and the Crown Order. Has anyone ever done a similar book on the Hohenzollern House Order?

Thank you in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...
    • 8 months later...

Ingo,

He was a Saxon officer in Gren. R. 101 when the war began.  In the 1914 Saxon Rangliste you will find him at the Unteroffizier Vorschule (he transferred to GR 101 around March 1914).  He was promoted Major in 1918.

Andy

Jungnickel was in GR 101 the whole war. The action for his HoH-Awarding happened during the Gr0ße Schlacht in Frankreich at the end of march 1918. At that time he was a battallion cdr. in above regiment.

PS: sent you a message.

Gruß Stefan

• 1 month later...