News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

soviet deputy flags

QUOTE(Belaruski @ Aug 7 2007, 15:49 ) The later the badge the less likely it is to be a fake. Check CollectRussia.com for a good selection of Deputy badges. Ebay is good too, but seller ID's are easily changes if they're selling 'dodgy' items.

That said I would be very surprised if people were faking late Soviet Georgian badges.

* As a point regional Soviets are cheaper (in quality and price) compared to Supreme Soviet ones *

Thank you very much BELARUSKI cheeky.gif . What do you think about this flag?

It's an original, only one think, It's not Georgian it's Abkhasian ASSR. I know a dealer who have one for sell right now with doc :rolleyes:

would respectfully disagree about the prises, regionals are more rare hence more expensive than Supreme

Dan. Suprime and 1st BSSR (Belarus) are genuine, rest of them -not

Edited by ph3s

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dan. Suprime and 1st BSSR (Belarus) are genuine, rest of them -not

Thanks Victor! jumping.gifjumping.gif Can you do me a favor and add the post #'s of the two that are genuine? Needless to say though I'm very glad I checked. Not quite in a position to do much of anything at the moment as you know but as with all we deal with it's a learning process and when I'm ready to jump in I want to make sure I know as much as possible. beer.gif Do you know of a good reference on these in English by any chance? unsure.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Edited by Hauptman

Thanks Victor! Excellent info! jumping.gifjumping.gif So basically any that have that raised base at the bottom of the screw post are bad. Are there any pointers re: ones with the pin backs or are they not faked (yet)?unsure.gif

Dan cheers.gif

That is correct, just a basic one and I personally haven't seen a pinback fake yet

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...

Thanks Victor! Excellent info! jumping.gifjumping.gif So basically any that have that raised base at the bottom of the screw post are bad. Are there any pointers re: ones with the pin backs or are they not faked (yet)?unsure.gif

Dan cheers.gif

hello, I would check the colors: this line of fakes do not respect the exact enamel colors: the red bends towards a strawberry red, with pinkish tones. The real enamels show a deep red blood color, with sometimes orange tones.

See the total absence of patina, as the "gold" finishing is not of the same chemical nature, and because it is clearer.

Another point: check the enamel finishing: the enamel must perfectly flows to the level of the letters, because the Mnetnii Dvor worker polished to the perfection the enamel. Look at the first Ukraine SSR badge picture, the one numbered 34: you see sorts of "waves" of non-polished enamel around the letters. This is definitively not the finishing of any soviet mint (nor the estonian soviet mint!).

Edited by seb16trs

• 1 year later...

Dan, it could be me but isn't this one the secret section of SMERSH called BUNK? BUNK was notorious for telling agitation and disinformation stories like this reply. To be a member of BUNK, one had to pass a spelling contest of anti nazi words and had to be mean in nature and be rude to squirrels. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick. Sorry for the late response. Things have continued to be rather insane around here. Leg is MUCH better... just gives me a bit of trouble depending on how the weather is but not too often.

Many thanks for the comment on the badge. I wondered if you could elaborate on the reasons you don't like it. It's one that a friend has and intends to sell. Sadly, he's not a collector... just bought out a militaria shop from an owner who was in financial difficulties. He felt he'd easily be able to move things on Ebay but has been finding out it's not quite that simple. In trying to research things one of the first places he went was collectrussia (see link in post 36) and of course it's big bucks. He's not at all sure it's an original... just compared the photos and he's leaning that way. If it is, great... if not I need to show him why it's not and give an idea of what it's worth as a copy.

As always, any help deeply appreciated. This is more of a specialized area for which I have no specific reference books, etc. I'm learning along with alot of others. Would be most grateful for anything that will help point us in the right direction to knowing if this one is, for sure... good or not.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Hi Dan,

good news about the leg :cheers:

As for the badge - by these photos I can't say anything with confidence.

You see - the problem with these В.Ц.И.К. badges is that they were issued between 1917 and 1935 and there are many mini variations of them. Maybe this is why we see small differences (for example in Ц) when we compare yours friend badge with badge from collectrussia. But actually the badge looks quite nice. And if we compare it with type 2.1.2 from A. Mekhonoshin book "Breast Badges of the Highest Offices of Government, 1917-1991" it looks exactly like a textbook example. So maybe I was wrong in my original perception of the badge ;)

As for the price range for these badges - it is between $500 and $1000.

Best,

Nick

Practically identical ;)

Only the shades of the enamel are different, but then again it can be simply because of the different photo conditions (and most likely it is).

Now let`s see how many reverse variants these badges have ;)