News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

While, generally speaking, I am not a great fan of miniatures -- and place, any era -- here are a few nice Yugoslavian ones that now live with me. Show us you other little babies?

Dear Ed,

great idea to put the focus to the rather inexpensive YU-Minis :cheers: .

Dan showed us a case with a comprehensive collection of minis: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16474

I am happy to have all the minis to my YU-Orders :D .

Tito showed on his white gala-uniform all YU-decorations (no foreign ones!) as minis, but the "Order of Freedom" on his right chest in full size with all the rubies. O.K., that has been against the regulations - either minis or full decorations -, but Tito did it ;) .

So, minis played an important role in YU-phaleristics :jumping: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Miniatures - yes or no ?

generally speaking, I am not a great fan of miniatures

Dear Ed,

minis are very common in Austria since the 19th century and I think, that it had been a good invention of communist Yugoslavia to create also miniatures for the orders and medals.

Why?

Because there are a lot of occaisions in public life, where full decorations are too much and mere ribbon bars too less :D .

And: You can wear the miniature almost where ever you like: Concert, cocktail party, etc.

So, I think, that miniatures have their own right in phaleristics :love: .

Christian

Very nice minis - any more to show?! Did they ever make one for the partisan stars?

:off topic: I wish the Hugarian Peoples Republic would have followed the example with the neighbors to the south in that regard! (some people were able to get minis for wear, but not in any ammounts - a mini HUPR award will run you more than the award itself in many cases!)

Prices of miniatures are from 4.5 - 5 euro's in Serbia at the moment.

Dear Sasa,

many thanks for your expertise :cheers: .

Here in the West these minatures have price tags of about 20 Euros - so the price in Belgrade is very favourable :D .

Do you know dealers in Ex-YU, who offer them :unsure: ?

Christian

Christian,

write your interest on PM, and I will try to find what you need.

Dear Sasa,

many thanks for your generous offer :cheers: .

I am lucky to have all the matching miniatures to my YU-Orders, but I might come back to your offer for other things.

BTW: Do you know the dealer Milan from "Singidunum" ?

Best regards & Pozdrav :beer:

Christian

Dear Sasa,

many thanks for your generous offer :cheers: .

I am lucky to have all the matching miniatures to my YU-Orders, but I might come back to your offer for other things.

BTW: Do you know the dealer Milan from "Singidunum" ?

Best regards & Pozdrav :beer:

Christian

I do not know him in person. Yes, Singidunum is one of the dealers for orders and medals and miniatures in Serbia.

Speaking for myself, I have had good (though sometimes slow) luck with him. (See my recent Yugoslavian posts! :) )

Dear Ed,

dear Sasa,

last thursday Milan from "Singidunum" delivered a "Orden of Bravery" (YU-made) for mere EUR 7,- to me :D .

Now I have that order for the case, which I had for years (I bought a CCCP-Red Banner in that case in Belgrade).

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ed,

dear Sasa,

last thursday Milan from "Singidunum" delivered a "Orden of Bravery" (YU-made) for mere EUR 7,- to me :D .

Now I have that order for the case, which I had for years (I bought a CCCP-Red Banner in that case in Belgrade).

Christian

Hi Christian,

Sinngidunum - a full address is http://www.singidunum-online.com/ - is not owned by Milan, but by my son Marko. I also help him a bit in his numerous contacts with OMD collectors.

Someone mentioned low prices of miniatures in Belgrade. Those prices are offered by Singidinum only, and there is still some small quantity on stock.

Best regards to all,

Ranko Mandic, editor of the magazine "Orden"

published by the Serbian Numismatic Society in Belgrade

Dear Ranko,

wellcome to the YU-section of GMIC :cheers: .

Sorry for my mistake, adressing your son Marko as "Milan" :blush: .

I assume, it's a great asset to have such a native phaleristic expert like Ranko Mandic on board :D:jumping: .

Christian

Hi Christian,

Sinngidunum - a full address is http://www.singidunum-online.com/ - is not owned by Milan, but by my son Marko. I also help him a bit in his numerous contacts with OMD collectors.

Someone mentioned low prices of miniatures in Belgrade. Those prices are offered by Singidinum only, and there is still some small quantity on stock.

Best regards to all,

Hi Christian,

Best regards to all,

Ranko - It is great to see you on this forum. I have told others on this forum that you and Bjelos had been giving thought to publishing a new guide on YU militaria. Hope that is still on the horizon. I still go over the ODM book you did on Albania. Anyway, hope to see you more on this site! Regards. Paul.

Ranko - It is great to see you on this forum. I have told others on this forum that you and Bjelos had been giving thought to publishing a new guide on YU militaria. Hope that is still on the horizon. I still go over the ODM book you did on Albania. Anyway, hope to see you more on this site! Regards. Paul.

Gentlemen,

that's what we need: a guide on YU-militaria and awards :jumping: .

Christian