News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Banzragch Es

Ed_Haynes

All Labor Heroes in Mongolia are awarded by Sukhebaatar Order (authomatically). Correct name is Banzragch Es, but it did not say something to me... Maybe Labour Hero came from Western provinces (unusual name - Es)... AND Hero is not SHE, Es is mostly male name... So question is still open - WHO IS HE.

All Labor Heroes in Mongolia are awarded by Sukhebaatar Order (authomatically). Correct name is Banzragch Es, but it did not say something to me... Maybe Labour Hero came from Western provinces (unusual name - Es)... AND Hero is not SHE, Es is mostly male name... So question is still open - WHO IS HE.

Thanks, "ub". Yes, the secomd Sukhbaatar was the one that accompanied the hero. Many questions need research.

Working on the earlier ("Sukhbaatar") photo, I suggest her additional badges (beyond the Obvious Three) as:

1- The Outstanding Herder (B # J22/23)

2- One of the aimag badges -- Z99, Z108 -- so where was she from -- Bayangol or Umnugobi -- or some similar NIB aimag badge -- possibly a school badge (R39, R44) or I44 or ???

Your guesses??

Need to contact the family (when my "source" gets back from Khalkin Gol -- the lucky dog -- lucky marmot?).

May these be clues to the "Who was she?" question?

• 1 month later...

I got new information about Banzragch Es from book about Heroes of Mongolia (unfortunately in mongolian). I will provide full information tomorrow. She was also awarded by Polar Star order. She was one of pioneers of agricultural cooperative (mostly livestock, - in particular camels). She was from Dundgovj or Dundgobi province.

I got new information about Banzragch Es from book about Heroes of Mongolia (unfortunately in mongolian). I will provide full information tomorrow. She was also awarded by Polar Star order. She was one of pioneers of agricultural cooperative (mostly livestock, - in particular camels). She was from Dundgovj or Dundgobi province.

Thanks very much. Any chance to get a copy of the book?

Banzragchiin Es /1904-2000/. Dundgobi province Huld soum /smallest admin.unit/. Founding member of 'Talyn tsesteg' cooperative. Participant of 2nd State cooperative conference. Outstanding herder of camels...

Edited by ub6365

About copy of book - yes i will try. As I understand it was printed in 2007 in Ulaanbaatar, 1000 copies.

And of course I will be happy to provide with any information i can get from the book...

I'd also be very interested in that book. If you find a second copy in addition to Ed's, please send a message :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Translation:

Banzragch ES (Hero of Labor)

page 34. No. 95.37

born 1904, died 2000

born in Dundgobi province, Khuld soum

(decree No. 279, on 27 October 1961)

As camel herder in the "Talyn tsetseg" collective farm of Dundgobi province, Khuld soum. (translation of Talyn tsetseg - steppe flower)

She initiated the collectivization together with the local people in 1957. Initially she got 140 camels and during the next four years she got 216 young camel calves from 215 she-camels. In average, she got from one camel 5.1 - 5.8 kg wool, from one she-camel 100 - 120 litres milk. She was a delegate of the second conference of the collective farmers. She was awarded two times with Sukhbaatar order and one time with ?Polar star? order.

• 5 years later...

Anybody here still in touch with Ed? I've tried to reach him through several channels but no response sofar.

I've been offered this exact group for sale (minus some items) incl. documents and would like to ask Ed some questions (he's not the one offering it for sale).

Thanks