News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Your "Bestest" helmet

Hi gang...well...my first post on this forum! Finally got around to joining and it looks awesome - with a lot of familiar faces too! COOL. Thought I'd start a thread where we coule post ONLY ONE helmet: our personal favorite!!!

Let's see the cream of your collection crop!! If you could keep only one of your lids, which would it be!

Thanks dudes....I'm happy to be aboard!

Rob

so let's begin....this is my favorite: an early M35 LW. It is an ET66 displaying an early serif MM. Both decals are great: tri-colour is still strong and eagle is 1st pattern droop tail adler with snake leg variant. First pattern liner is intact and chinstrap is complete but not marked. The helmet is named and unit marked!

The helmet shell displays the early pre-war smooth finish and the liner band is dated 1935....making this one of the first M35's produced! In fact, according to L.Baer, only 157,500 helmets were produced for the luftwaffe in 1935. Production for the M1935 helmet increased dramatically in 1936 so that by the end of 1937, nearly 1 400 000 helmets had been produced.

There you go.....enough gabbing: time for some pics!

[attachmentid=9415]

Here's the name and unit markings inside the leather liner. That was quite a find. With that info. I was able to get info all the way down to the individual unit!! This unit was involved from Poland '39 to Prussia '45....cool with most of the action taking place on the eastern front!

[attachmentid=9421]

I know a bit about Helms, I have 9 German pots. I don't have a camera and have to use other's when they visit. Then my problem is re-sizing them and getting them to attach to the post. I am a T-Rex with this computer stuff. Plus being addicted to collecting I buy more German stuff instead of a camera. Know what I mean?? Take care.

byf

HAHAHHAAA....My mistake man!! I thought the direction of your comment was heading towards not knowing enough about these lids....my apologies!

And yeah....I know what you mean about putting extra cash into helmets rather than other "things" like cameras.....

You can always tell me what kind of helmet your favorite one is....then I can let my imagination run wild!

Sorry 'bout the mix up!

Rob

WOW what a nice apple green M35 DD!! The liner looks absolutely mint! I would kill for one of those! It's gonna be hard to get a better lid than that one if you ever decide to expand your collection.

Thanks so much for showing.

Rob

Ok Lach470 let me see if I can paint a word picture for you. One of my favorite Helms(i love them all), it is an M42 Heer, ET 62, run#1707, with Normandie 3 color spray cammo 95%. Nice chin strap, the liner is a bit crisp, 2 torn fingers. On the rim lightly scratched in by GI? Oct 1944. It is one sweet unit. Some day I will figure out how to post pics. Thanks.

byf