News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Taiwan Political course for foreing officers medal

• 4 months later...

Thanks, I've got a fairly large colection of ROC medals, but have never seen this one before.

Hello Guys.....Interesting medal. I have a TAIWAN POLITICAL ACADEMY medal similar to the medal ribbon. I'll take photos of such and post accordingly. My items are recent. I am interested in learning if you chaps have a access to TAIWAN POLITICAL WARFARE BUREAU / DEPARTMENT military insignia, regalia and medals? Take care, Drew Chaney

Hello Guys.....Interesting medal. I have a TAIWAN POLITICAL ACADEMY medal similar to the medal ribbon. I'll take photos of such and post accordingly. My items are recent. I am interested in learning if you chaps have a access to TAIWAN POLITICAL WARFARE BUREAU / DEPARTMENT military insignia, regalia and medals? Take care, Drew Chaney

Hi, Drew, looking forward to seeing the medal. I used to travel quite regularly to Taiwan, and was able to amass quite a few TW medals. About the only down side to retirement seems to be that I don't make those trips any more (and that's not all bad, either).

However, I do have a card for a shop in Shi Men Ding, Taipei, which could probably meet you needs IF you can communicate with them in Chinese. Frankly, I doubt that they'll be much interested in the hassle of shipping to Australia, but if you can surmount the language barrier, it may be worth a try. Phone would probably be better than a letter to start with; it's too easy to ignore a letter. Of curse, the best would be to find a friend who would walk in their door.

I also saw your post on Korea. The ROK is extremely careful to safeguard their medals, and most of the shops wouldn't even talk to me. Don't know if they would be the same about insignia, but I suspect they would. I have no current info on PRC.

Hi, Drew, looking forward to seeing the medal. I used to travel quite regularly to Taiwan, and was able to amass quite a few TW medals. About the only down side to retirement seems to be that I don't make those trips any more (and that's not all bad, either).

However, I do have a card for a shop in Shi Men Ding, Taipei, which could probably meet you needs IF you can communicate with them in Chinese. Frankly, I doubt that they'll be much interested in the hassle of shipping to Australia, but if you can surmount the language barrier, it may be worth a try. Phone would probably be better than a letter to start with; it's too easy to ignore a letter. Of curse, the best would be to find a friend who would walk in their door.

I also saw your post on Korea. The ROK is extremely careful to safeguard their medals, and most of the shops wouldn't even talk to me. Don't know if they would be the same about insignia, but I suspect they would. I have no current info on PRC.

As discussed, herewith a picture of my Taiwan POLWAR Dept medal and other related ribbons. The 3 on left are definitly POLWAR whilst I think the one on the right of the medal is perhaps qualification, commendation ????

Drew

Please pass on.........I have a good mate in Taiwan who could pop a note or a phonecall their way. Much appreciated. Drew