News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some new additions.

I especially like the EK2 with the blue packet - it looks to have a great patina.

Danny, I looks untounched under that delicious patina. The flange has turned completely blue/black over the years.

Rich, that's a rare Schickle (L15) variant. . .

Bill,

It's a very interesting piece. Excellent condition but the piece is exactly the same core/frame as the '15' Orth pieces yet the marking is L15 and the catch is typical Schickle... so there must have been some exchanging of components or one or the other lost their license to continue to sell these and the other firm was permitted to use up their remaining stock??

Thanks for the comments, guys. Yes, I've been on a little roll lately. :jumping:

Rich

Rich, strikes again!!

Any names on the packets Rich?

Allan

Allan, Yes both have names but I haven yet been able to decypher them! Working on it though!

Hi

All nice crosses. :beer::rolleyes:

Nesredep

Thanks!

Rich,

I think the sharing and exchange of components amongst manufacturers is an acceptable hypothesis. . .

Indeed but what gets me is why use L15 instead of L/15 unless Orth was producing them for Schickle and created their own marking stamp minus the '/'...

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

All very nice Rich, congrats.

Rich, strikes again!!

Any names on the packets Rich?

Allan

He may be looking for maker's names vs. awardee's name. I personally also really like the packets that have had the awardee's name written on it. Makes it more personal from the tons of unattributed EKs. Of course, there's always the argument that we can often never know when the name was written on the packet.

best

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Very me sorry, but I have suspicion that this EK-1 L15 is Floch-copy.

Have this EK-1 the dot on the middle of the upper arm's frame or not?

Signature and pin are incorrect for genuine EK-1 L/15 too.

This signature (L15) is typical for Floch-copy . :unsure:

Regards!