News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

As some of you might have read already in the 'Rolls' file the Lübeck rolls are also being worked through these days.

It is a work in progress (rather a large work => with estimated arround 10.000 names ) from wich as of this date arround 2.500 are listed already.

But the roll is one part, it would be nice to see what this particular roll is all about => correct the L?beck hanseatic cross.

So feel free to show here your:

* Lübeck- Hanseatic cross
    * Medalbars with the Lübeck cross present
    * Cases pr paper packets
    * Award documents
    * Pictures with the cross in wear

All participators (Bernd D., David M. and myself) would be very pleased with this additional information.

Cordial greetings and thanks for looking,

• Replies 149
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

As Stijn mentioned earlier, we are currently working on the L?beck rolls. For the pubication, we are also looking for any kind of pictures/documents on L?beck

1 medalbars

2 documents

3 pictures with medalbars including L?beck in wear

4 ribbonbars (in wear or not)

5 mini's (on a chain)

So pleeeeease post your L?beck

Stijn, If you have any additions to the list, feel free to add them :speechless:

Guest Rick Research

Award document for later-Lt dR Ludwig Dillner of Infantry Regiment 162 "L?beck" on 10 November 1915. I also have his Wound Badge document for two wounds.

and the cheerful little printed note that if you get killed, your next of kin can keep it! :speechless1:

Medal bar. Note the RED feet. Later wearing replacements often have BLACK feet:

Since I haven't been able to ID this guy ONLY from the BZ3aXmE (? BZ3bXmE?) and a Lippe House Order (Detmold? Schaumburg? 3rd? 4th?), I am hoping that the L?beck roll will finally locate him by triangulation:

Hello Ricky,

Thank your for the scans, etc ....

=>Ludwig Dillner

He is entered in the Rolls with the rank 'Vizefeldwebel', dated 06.11.1915 (one of the early awardings) and indeed with the I.R. 162 :cheers:

Hehehe, wel that would be fun iff the person from that bar could be ID'ed by these rolls :cheeky:

Keep the info comming guys :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

That's interesting Stijn-- ROLL has 6th and URKUNDE has 10th...

something to note in that "Bemerkungen" column to see if the dates are a little bit apart like that with any others that can be compared. You might also want to note "Lt dR" in there too...

all useful sorts of things to add to the rolls. :catjava:

One other thing to suggest-- if the WW1 regimental histories for IR 162, RIR 162, and LIR 162 can be found, it would be valuable to add birth (if shown) and death dates for as many enlisted men as possible. I think quite a huge amount of these crosses will be "local," and knowing somebody was killed in 1917 will cut out a lot of searching around for medal bars with Hindenburg Crosses. That's why Daniel and I put that in whenever we can find the data.

Guest Rick Research

I don't remember that one, Christophe!

Reinhard Westrem zu Gutacker (1879-1956) first retired from the Reichsheer as char. Generalmajor in 1930. He was recalled for WW2 and as Generalleutnant zV was commander of Prisoner of War Camps in Wehrkreis XII from 1940-43.

So he could have entered into the remarks column on the transcribed L?beck Roll "(1879-1956 GLzV)"

SWF3bX 13th on "Prussian" roll for 1915.

Hello,

Very nice pieces + thank you for showing them.

@ Tom, very nic ewith that Trifold ribbon, i can only confirm the exact info as noted on the award document ;-)

@ Westrem zu Gutacker is entered as Rittmeister when he got his L?beck cross. => i think Christophe you might be happy to know his award date of the L?beck cross, wel here it is : 28/08/1918 :speechless1:

Cordial greetings + keep them comming guys :rolleyes:

Edited by Stijn David

Hello,

@ Komtur, absolute wonderfull medalbar :speechless1:

@ Wild Card, thank you for showing that additional award document. Please be not shy to show duplicate pieces, etc .... as it is all of interest. For example where all the award documents signed by the very same person? etc ... => that can be shown by getting to see as much as possible such documents.

So please feel free to show more .

Cordial greetings and thanks for showing,

Guest Rick Research

Has von Schoeler's name turned up on the roll so far? Finding him there will pretty much prove that thye medal bar IS his, since all we have to go by so far is the SMK.

One other thing to suggest-- if the WW1 regimental histories for IR 162, RIR 162, and LIR 162 can be found, it would be valuable to add birth (if shown) and death dates for as many enlisted men as possible. I think quite a huge amount of these crosses will be "local," and knowing somebody was killed in 1917 will cut out a lot of searching around for medal bars with Hindenburg Crosses. That's why Daniel and I put that in whenever we can find the data.

There was no RIR 162 or LIR 162. L?beck's reservists and Landwehr men apparently went to either Schleswig-Holstein or Hanseatic regiments (likely RIR 31, RIR 76, RIR 84 and/or RIR 86; LIR 31, LIR 75, LIR 84 and/or LIR 85).

Other units with L?beck connections:

- II./IR 187

- Brig.Ers.Btl. 81 (later IV./IR 362 and then II./LIR 327)

- IR 394

- IR 426

- III./IR 464

- III./RIR 214

- Landsturm-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 9

- Landsturm-Infanterie-Bataillon IX/8 L?beck

- Landsturm-Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon IX/33 L?beck

Guest Rick Research

YIPPEEE!!!!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Already Team L?beck is producing fantastic results!!!!! :cheers:

BTW, looking at Tom's Urkunde and mine, I think ours have a PRINTED "signature" while it looks like Wild Card's is an actual hand-signed autograph. Perhaps Generals and other celebrities got such personal attention?

Hello Marcin,

Very nice medal bar and lovely to see that HOHX next towards the L?beck Hanseatic cross.

Altough the combintation might be to thin to identify this one, a crossmatching when the L?beck roll is ready againts the HOHX roll could verify already a few candidates. Others more knowledgable should be able to say more on this combo.

Indeed as David does say, we will publish a few statistics in order to let you guys know how it does go.

Cordial greetings,

Dear forumites,

Here's my brother Marco's medal bar with a L?beck Hansa cross...

Bezeichnung:

9-teilige Ordenschnalle des S.M.S. Schiffes ?Seeadler? Marine-Generalarztes a.D. Dr. Theodor Hansen

Medaillen:

? Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2.Klasse (OEK 1909)

? Preussen, Roter Adler Orden, 4. Klasse (OEK 1704)

? L?beck, Hanseatenkreuz, 1915-18 (OEK 1265)

? Hessen-Darmstadt, Milit?r-Sanit?ts-Kreuz, 1914 (OEK 937)

? Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer mit Schwertern (OEK 3803/1)

? Preussen, Rotes Kreuz, 3. Klasse, Medaille, 1898-1921 (OEK 1872)

? Preussen, DA-Kreuz f?r 25 Dienstjahre der Offiziere, 3. Model, 1. Typ (OEK 1970)

? Deutsches Reich 1871-1918, China Denkm?nze f?r K?mpfer (OEK 3150)

? Preussen, Centenar-Medaille, 1897 (OEK 1965)

Enjoy!

Ciao,

Claudio