Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Scowen

Deutsche Christen - Glaubensbewegung

Thought I'd post another Deutsche Christen badge, this time the Glaubensbewegung form. This one is marked for W.Redo, Saarlois.

I'm sure others here have one as well, please post them.

Cheers

Don

If I recall, Peter J. has a pin-back example like Dons in his collection. I don't beleive they come in diferent grades although I could be mistaken. Regards Robert

Don Here we are. Joe may have a point about silver/bronze. I can't see any remnants of bronze or brownish toning on mine. Perhaps it was cleaned at some point? Have a Good day Gents. Robert

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Thanks Robert.

I came across this photo in a school history text book the other day. Thought it would fit nicely here, notice the flag in the centre.......

Cheers

Don

Ahh Mr. Rosenberg so glad to see you are here. Very nice. And would this be 5103a?? Sure does look like it to me but without the embroidery. Nice to see you. Robert

And would this be 5103a?? Sure does look like it to me but without the embroidery. Nice to see you. Robert

Close, but no cigar I'm afraid.... 5103a should have a bright blue enamel, sorry. Nice piece though.

D

Thanks for the welcome Robert! Great to see you all still being active and around!

You have a nice one there,though I dont know if it is related.

This would be 5103a

Ahh I see and very nice. What fooled me was the picture In Husken. To the naked eye it appears to have a spot in the center of the pin indicating where the needle head protrudes. On mine that is. Under a loup it seems to be a wear spot. Your example is much nicer than his. Perhaps what I have was some kind of lure to attract new membership or possibly a simple Sonnewinde trinket hence the flowery needlework. Herr Rosenberg how long has it been? A hearty welcome back. I am sure others would agree that you were sorely missed. Umm now where is Benten? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the warm words Robert! Must have been at least 3-4 years I guess.

Whatever your first one is,it is good looking nonetheless.I dont know which edition of Huesken you use,I only have 1st one and pics in it are far from great for sure.

I very much like your 2nd one also,lovely green enamel.Never came across one like it.They really did some branching out churchwise in those days.Beautiful shield shape there!

Hope you all have made one and the other great addition to your collections!!!

See what I mean? My eyes are not deceiving me.........yet ;)

PS Does anyone have 5102b? I have yet to lay eyes on that one.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Yes I see it,I think it is just a discolouration.Like you I have never seen the left one yet.Compared to the others it looks like a drawing or might even be a paper item.