News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1870 EKI

Okay, I take it from Tim that Warren is an honest guy who probably has been taken by the French dealer, so I sent him this reply:

Hi Warren, it sounds like you're having a lot of interest in your Resch & Sohn EK mate, I just hope you haven't been burnt by your French dealer. I still can't find anything on a maker called Resch & Sohn, and the makers number on the pin, I can't be sure if it's a 25 or a 26 doesn't correspond to a maker called Resch & Sohn. I checked a listing of makers marks I found through the internet, that use numbers instead of letters or names, and the number 25 is for the maker known as Arbeitsgemeinshaft der Graveur, Gold und Silberschmeide-Innengun from Hanau, and the maker number 26 is for B H Mayer from Pforzheim. Is it possible the French guy is pulling your leg?

troy

Much as I thought it was wrong to take $106AU for a HK, as someone who has been burnt myself, I don't want to see him get taken. If he bought this as genuine, he probably paid a lot for it, which is not fair. Out of interest, has anyone heard of the French dealer called medaille-medailles? Stay tuned...

If you'll look again there isn't enough space between the "?esc" and the "sohn" for "hler &". Could be the reason for the blob of solder. I think "retch & shun" would be more appropriate :rolleyes:

My Bad - the fake is not marked "DESCHLER & SOHN", it is marked "DESCHLERSOHN" - one word, which is totally incorrect, but it fits perfectly with the fakr on offer to Troy.

Here are a couple of cruddy pics of other poorly stamped examples - but if you look closely and "combine" the various partial maker marks, you'll get the picture.

Regards

Mike